chapter 6 - out out

The five made their way back to villa, hot and sweaty but still pretty buzzing by the spectacular views they'd just seen. Jake couldn't stop looking at Mase the whole way down and smiling, the pair of them giddy with their secret romance. As the got back they found the rest of the group right where they had left them - lying down by the pool, although Hendo was now significantly redder.

"Suncream on yeah, Deano?" Jake chuckled.

"Fuck, I must of fallen asleep." Dean looked like a lobster apart from where his sunglasses had been and the others were in hysterics.

"Get yourself in the shade before you get sunstroke you idiot!" laughed Solanke. Dean got up and took himself inside, asking Jake would he come help apply his aftersun.

"How was the hike lads?" Fik asked, looking a lot more alive than this morning.

"Absolutely insane Fik, cop a look at these views." Mase got out his phone to show his fellow Chelsea teammate some of the photos. Tammy and Madders gathered round too.

"Shit that looks sick bro, we've missed out here boys." Tammy said to Fix and Mads. They looked through the rest of the views, as Jake came back out with a now fully covered Hendo. The group took the piss out of this floaty white shirt and trousers and massive sun hat. 'Look like you should be keeping bees mate', 'You the new member of ABBA Deano?' were some of the jokes made at his expense. The group meandered about the villa and beach; Tam, Fik and Mase were playing ping pong on the terrace, Madders and Phil were playing cards with Solanke and Hendo, and Jake and DCL went for a swim in the ocean. The sea was refreshing, especially after the long walk and the boys enjoyed washing off as they swam further out.

"What a season Jakey eh?' Dom reflected, "Not going to lie, I'm pretty gutted our junior international journey ended like that but what a ride."

"I know pretty gutting to be fair, but a World Cup win and a lot of fun. Can't complain too much can we?"

"I guess not mate. Let's hope we can replicate it in the seniors!"

"That would be insane amigo. Gotta try get back in first" Jake laughed

"Ive gotta try get in at all!" Dom chuckled, both of them laughing at the big challenge they had to come.

"I believe in you mate, it'll come 100%" Jake assured him.

"Cheers Rivs, you'll be back in next squad - you had a great tournament here, probably the only one of us to, I'm sure Gareth will be recalling ya"

"Ta DCL. Would be sick to have two more Yorkshire lads make the squad!" Jake said. He was from Halifax and Dom from Sheffield; both of them fiercely and proudly from the county.

"Ooh, we've swam out quite a way. Lets head in and see what the those losers are doing." DCL laughed.

***