Chapter 8 - Telling Neville

9th July 2000, It had been two days since Harry and Ginny got married and left for their honeymoon. I hadn't told anyone about my situation yet...it was only fair that I told Neville first.

Right now, I was standing outside his apartment to give him the surprise...or the word of doom, however he takes it.

Well, however it goes, I know for a fact that he won't walk out on me.

"I can do this. I can do this. I killed Voldemort, did my maid of honour duties despite the morning sickness, I can tell Neville." I tried to hype myself up.

"Okay, but what if he faints or falls on his head in shock?" I asked myself. "I need this to be fool proof." I sighed.

I then looked down at my belly, "Let's go and tell Dada." I said to my baby...I had been doing that a lot since I found out I was pregnant.

I let out another sigh before ringing the bell.

Who made me the saviour of the wizarding world? I can't even tell my boyfriend that I'm pregnant!

He hasn't opened the door yet...maybe I could still run...he'll think it was some kid playing a prank.

No! You're not going to chicken out of this! You're Anne Potter! You were placed into Gryffindor for a reason!

Where's my inner Gryffindor when I need her?

Just then, Neville opened the door and smiled at me, "Hello, Love. Wasn't expecting you here today considering how you weren't even looking me in the eye throughout the wedding and weren't picking up my calls." He said dramatically as he gave me a questioning look.

"There's something I need to tell you...can I come in?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure." He said as he looked at me in concern before letting me into the house.

"Why don't you sit down, Love? I'll get you some water." I said to him.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" He asked, concern even more evident on his face.

"No, trust me. You really need to sit down for this. Oh, and remove all fragile items from your range." I said to him as I poured him a glass of water as he sat on the sofa of his living room.

"Anne, are you okay? What's bothering you?" He asked softly as I handed him the glass of water.

"Well...Neville, how do you feel when you're around Anna?" I asked him...Because, as Mary Poppins once said...'Just a spoonful of sugar (that is how much he loves being around Anna) helps the medicine (which is the news in this case) go down'.

"Being around Anna makes me happy...I love watching her all get all excited over little things, I love seeing her face light up when I blow bubbles with her and I love how innocent she is." He said with a smile.

Well, that's a great start.

"Great, and...what do you feel when you look at me?" I asked him as I sat down beside him.

"I think about how I got so damn lucky." He said before pulling me into a kiss which really helped me relax a bit.

"Neville...would you want to...you know, start a family with me?" I asked once we pulled away.

"You don't have to tempt me with children to get me into bed, y'know?" He said cockily.

"I'm not trying to tempt you!" I said as I lightly hit his chest.

"Then what? You said you wanted to wait for a bit." He asked me.

"I'm pregnant!" I blurted out and as soon as I did, Neville just paled in shock.

"Wh-What?"

"We're having a baby, Neville. We're gonna be parents." I told him as I held his hand while he just blankly stared at me.

"I'm gonna be a Dad." He said softly after being frozen for about 5 minutes. "I'm gonna be a Dad." He repeated as a smile formed on his lips. "I'm having a baby with the love of my life." he said before kissing both my hands.

"Anne, I love you so much." He said as we both got up and he hugged me and pulled me closer to himself. He then looked down at my belly before kneeling down, hugging me around my waist and resting his head on my stomach.

"Hey baby, it's me, your Dada. I just wanted to say that I love you to the moon and back and I can't wait to meet you." He said before kissing my belly and getting up.

"You have no clue how happy I am today." He said before he passionately kissed me.

"Me too." I said as I smiled at him.

"I love you so much." We both said in unison as we pressed our foreheads against each other's.

"I can't wait to raise this baby with you." He said.

"I can't wait either." I said back before softly kising him again.

Everything's gonna be just fine.