Chapter 39 - Chaotic Life

1st September 2008, I was impatiently waiting for Minnie's start of term feast to be over because today was going to be Anna's first day here...well, as a student at least. And I was really nervous about her sorting. I mean, she is my niece.

"Calm down love, she's gonna be just fine." Neville whispered as he placed his hand on my thigh in comfort.

"She was telling me about how scared she was."

"Everyone gets scared for their first day here. It's natural, she'll be fine. I'm telling you."

"I suppose."

Just then, Minnie announced, "Now, it's time we start the sorting ceremony." the gates of the great hall opened and the batch of little first years walked in, being led by Professor Flitwick.

I looked around, trying to spot Anna. And then, I spotted her waving at me and Neville, so we smiled and waved back at her.

Flitwick kept calling names and the sorting hat kept sorting them, my gaze was on Anna the whole time, it feels like just yesterday that she was this little 2 year old who loved unicorns more than anything.

Are they just going to keep growing like this until they just aren't kids anymore? They probably will and I hate it.

Finally, Anna's name was called and she nervously looked around as she walked up to the stool.

And she was a hat stall...but after a few seconds the hat announced, "SLYTHERIN!" Anna slowly walked to the Slytherin table with her head hung low as her house table clapped and cheered for her.

My poor Buttercup.

"That's weird considering she's exactly like you." Dean said to me.

"Well, Dean, here's a fun fact, I was almost sorted into Slytherin!" I snapped at him.

"Okay calm down, sorry." He said defensively.

"We'll talk to her later, she's gonna be fine." Neville comforted as he squeezed my hand as we listened to Minnie add on to her speech.

"Now that we're all sorted and settled, I would like to inform all of you that recently Madame Hooch has decided to retire and in her place, my former student and Ex Puddlemore United player has agreed to take up the position. I would like you all to welcome Oliver Wood!" She announced before we applauded as Oliver entered and then took a seat beside me.

I hadn't seen Oliver in a good few years (The last time I met him was on my wedding day) and my jaw literally dropped when I saw how hot he had gotten. But then I remembered I was married to and in love with Neville.

"Hey Anne, been a while, hasn't it?" He greeted with a smile as he sat down beside me.

"Yeah, the last time I met you was at my wedding." I laughed while blushing.

"Yeah, when we got married." Neville added as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and looked at me with a fake smile as if giving me a reminder that we were married and had three daughters.

Meanwhile, I looked over at Professor McGonagall, Professor Flitwick, Professor Slughorn and Dean who were whispering to each other incoherently before looking over at us and sipping tea in unison.

I need to stop focusing on how hot Oliver is.

But I mean everyone sways sometimes, even Neville does, it's not a big deal because at the end of the day we're in love with each other and that's not gonna change.

"So, did you get married yet, Oliver?" I asked.

"Got divorced." He sighed.

He's divorced! I mentally celebrated. But I'm not and don't wanna be! I realized.