Chapter 65 - The Awkward Proposal

30th July 2014, Neville and I had told everyone about our relationship and I had decided that I wanted to make him my husband again.

Today was gonna be his 34th birthday, this time I would be the one proposing. So, I picked his birthday to do it.

I had sent the girls to distract him with a day out and say that they want to visit their grandparents at the end of the day so he'd have to come to the Longbottom Manor where we had planned the surprise party.

"I'm really happy for you both, Anne. You guys really complete each other." Ginny said with a smile as we both put up the decorations.

"Honestly, he truly loves you, Anne. He was miserable for that one year you were apart...The girls are gonna be happy too now," Alice added

"I know, everything's gonna be normal now that Harry's arrested those Death Eaters who were trying to single us all out." I said with a smile.

"For real," Ginny shook her head.

Just then we heard Neville and the girls floo in.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled...except me, all I could think of when I saw his face was how much I love this man. I almost felt like a 13-year-old girl standing in front of her crush.

"I have a big fat crush on you..." The words slipped out of my mouth as I stared at him dazedly.

"Pretty sure that wasn't on the script." I heard Blaise whisper to Dea.

"I think I know that, love." He said with a small chuckle.

That sexy chuckle...Oh, how I just wanted to tie him up to my bed and-

"Mum...the point..." Hazel reminded, pulling me out of my trance.

"Right! I-uh..." I said as I got lost in his eyes again...

Those darn eyes!

"Oh, c'mon, Mum! I want cake!" Alex exclaimed.

"What?" I asked as I shook my head.

"Y'know what? I'm doing it...where's the box, mum?" Jane asked...

I forgot the ring box at home...shit.

"Nevermind, this onion ring covered in mayo will do..." She said as she picked an onion ring from the salad that Harry had prepared.

"She forgot to get the actual ring, didn't she?" I heard Sirius say under his breath.

She then went down on one knee in front of Neville and asked him, "Dad, will you accept this mayonnaise-covered onion ring as a symbol of mum's undying love for you and agree to marry her?"

"W-What?"

"Will you marry mum again, yes or no?" Hazel repeated impatiently.

"Oh..."

"'OH' IS NOT AN OPTION, DAD!" Alex yelled as Neville just froze and looked at me as I was for the next two minutes.

"Tell me when they're done, I'm starting with the pizza." I heard Anna say in the background.

"Pass me a slice too," Apollo added.

"My knees are hurting, Dad...is it a yes or no?" Jane said.

At one point, neither he nor I could hold it in anymore. We walked up to each other and started snogging.

"I guess I'll take that as a yes," Our youngest daughter said awkwardly before getting up.

After a few more minutes, I heard Harry yell to us, "You guys want some food or something...no? Okay..."

"Is nobody going to tell them to keep it PG? I don't think his hand over there is quite appropriate." I heard Anna's voice say.

"Honey, let's be real...they aren't gonna listen NO MATTER HOW UNCOMFORTABLE THEY'RE MAKING EVERYONE ELSE FEEL!" Eddy yelled.

Does it look like I give a shit right now? I don't...

"See? They're not listening..." He added.

"Maybe let's cut the cake...birthday boy seems too busy," Frank added awkwardly.

"I cannot be more disappointed..." I heard Augusta's portrait say.

Again...I don't care.

"So who volunteers to obliviate me?" Alex asked.

This has to be the weirdest and most awkward proposal in the history of proposals.