Chapter 15 - Neville Hides Stuff

It was 6 PM, it had been a few hours since classes had gotten over and luckily I had no assignments pending to correct so I was relaxing in my room with both my pets.

Coco was sitting on my shoulder and Tucker (Who was the only dog to officially be allowed on Hogwarts grounds because Minnie loves him and she secretly likes to chase and play around with him when she's in cat form...she'll never admit it but I witnessed it in 6th year...don't tell her that.) was lying with his head in my lap as the three of us watched 'Bambi' on my laptop.

God knows where Neville was, I hadn't seen him since classes got over.

Just as I thought this, Neville walked into my room.

"Hey Love." He said as he came inside, took Tucker into his lap and sat beside me. But he didn't meet my eye. Something was definitely up.

"Where were you?" I asked him.

"Uh...the Greenhouse?" He lied.

"Quit lying, I checked, you weren't there." I said to him with a raised eyebrow as he looked visibly panicked.

"I-"

"Where were you?" I asked again.

"Alright...I went to buy more plants despite the fact that I have a lot already." He lied again.

"I would like to see these new 'plants' of yours." I said as I got up and walked to the door before he blocked it.

"No, you can't!"

"Neville, have I ever stopped you from buying plants?" I asked with my arms crossed.

"No..."

"Then what's the problem? Are these plants not planty enough?" I asked with a raised eyebrow...He's definitely hiding something.

"Alright...I was smoking cigarettes." He lied AGAIN. I know for a fact Neville won't go anywhere near those things after forcefully getting rid of my habit. And he wouldn't dare compromise with his health or my health when we're about to have children.

"Seriously?" I said sternly before moving him out of the way and walking to his room as he tried to stop me.

"Why don't you trust me?" He whined.

"I trust you, Neville...That's why I agreed to marry you, but since you're clearly trying to hide something from me, I'd like to know what it is...transparency is very important, remember?" I said as I placed my hands on his cheeks.

"Okay...but try not to be angry when you see it."

"I'll try." I said with a smile as he opened the door to his room.

I looked inside to see four huge shopping bags kept just beside the doorstep.

"I'm sorry, it's just when we went to Taco Bell in muggle London the other day and passed that shop for baby clothing...I couldn't resist it so I went there today with the intention of window shopping but...I ended up buying almost all of the cute outfits that saleswoman showed me...and I bought all of them in pairs for both the girls."

"You went shopping for the girls without me?"

"I'm sorry. You should know...I also got four personalized onesies..."

"Well, thank you, frankly I hate shopping for clothes...I know this is for our baby girls and I should be looking forward to shopping for them but well, it's just forcefully having to go shopping for beauty pageants with Aunt Petunia has me hating shopping altogether." I told him as I tried to shake off the memories.

"So maybe it's a good thing I did it on my own." He said with a smile.

"Yes, it is...Now, firstly show me the personalized onesies." I said with a laugh.

"Oh, those are my favorite ones..." He said with a smile before pulling four white onesies out of one of the bags and handing them to me.

"I hate boys...Boys are disgusting...Fight my Dad before you decide to date me...My Dad will kill you." I said as I read the captions on all four of the onesies.

"Seriously Neville?" I deadpanned.

"Forgive me for trying to look out for my daughters. Wouldn't want them hanging around idiots who don't know what they're doing with their lives." He said as he rolled his eyes at me.

"They're right when they say women are attracted to men who are like their fathers." I sighed.

"Hey! I'm not as bad as your dads!"

"They're not even fetuses yet and you already got these onesies tailored!"

"I feel like I finally understand your dads' concerns." He said thoughtfully.

"Our girls aren't even born yet..."

"But no one's ever gonna be good enough to date my babies."

"Neville-"

"No boys until you're both 99...no...make that no boys ever!" He said as he lowered his head to my 3-month baby bump.

"What have I gotten myself into?" I questioned with a facepalm.