Chapter 18 - The Night Before The Wedding

13th November 2000, I was currently at the Hogsmeade cottage (Minnie had given me and Neville a two week leave for our wedding), unable to sleep.

It felt weird, I knew I loved Neville and I was more than happy to be marrying him...but I felt like from tomorrow onwards, everything was going to change.

I decided to walk around in the backyard and clear my head. So that's what I did, I walked downstairs, walked to the backyard and just gazed at the stars.

A few minutes later, I heard Remus' voice, "What are you doing here, you need to get sleep...tomorrow's a very important day, remember?" He asked before I turned around to look at him.

"I couldn't sleep." I told him as he took a seat beside me.

"Understandable...go on, what's on your mind?" He asked me.

"I just feel like it's my last day being a kid...and I'm questioning if I'm ready for this change. I mean, from tomorrow onwards I will be a wife a-and in about 5 months, I'll be a mother as well." I told him as I placed my hand on my baby bump.

"No one's ever ready for change but as time passes, we learn to embrace it." He said with a smile as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"For example?"

"For example, you remember how dramatic Sirius was being when you first told us you were pregnant? Now, he's actually looking forward to becoming a Poppy."

"Yeah...I understood that when I saw the amount of stuffed toys he got for the girls." I chuckled.

"Exactly...So my point is that you may feel like you're not ready but eventually, everything will fall into place." He said as he passed me a smile which I returned before laying my head on his shoulder.

We both stared at the stars in a peaceful silence before I broke it, "Y'know, when I was 5 or 6, Harry used to tell me that stars are actually loved ones who have died."

"That's a beautiful thought."

"Do you think Mum and Dad would be up there?"

"Yes...Yes, I do. And I think they're looking down at us right now."

"I think so too."

"They'd be very proud of you, y'know?"

"I know." I said with a smile as I remembered how Dad had said that he'd be right there with me the day I walk down the aisle...I know he will. And I know mum would be right there too when I put my veil on.

"You're one of the best dads ever, Remus."

"And you're the best daughter I could've asked for." He said with a smile as he booped my nose as I laughed. "You know...I'll remember this moment for the rest of my life."

"Me too...I love you, Remus."

"I love you too, cub."