Chapter 44 - The School Play (1)

27th October 2009, We were at the London City School, our kids' school for their school play. Hazel had gotten the lead as Snow White, George Jr. was playing the prince (Coincidence? I think not!), Fred Jr. was playing Dopey the dwarf, Jane was Happy, James was the evil queen's witch version for some reason and Alex was the narrator.

We were sitting in the 4th row of the school atrium, waiting for the play to start.

"It's finally gonna be the end of the suffering...James is finally gonna stop using that terrible high-pitched voice." Harry sighed as he sat down on my right with Lily sleeping in his lap, leaning on his chest.

"Tell me about it, I mean Hazel's been trying to fake an American accent...it's terrible. I don't have the heart to tell her that." Neville told him.

"She sounds like you trying an English accent." I remarked.

"Ouch..."

"Don't get me wrong, I love your original accent."

"Hewo, Auntie Anne!" Harry's three-year-old son, Remus (A/N: Because Anne would never let Harry name his son Albus Severus so it's Remus Arthur now.) greeted me enthusiastically.

"Hello, Remmy!" I said back with a smile as I picked him up and sat him down in my lap.

"He's been missing you terribly, he's been going on and on about Auntie Anne this, Auntie Anne that." Ginny chuckled.

"Thewe's nothin' wong with it!" Remus jr. said to his mother while blushing.

"Of course, there isn't, darling." I said to him lovingly before kissing his forehead as he giggled.

"Sirius and Remus were gonna come with you, weren't they?" I asked Harry as I looked around and caught no sign of them.

"Remus is backstage with the kids and Sirius stayed back because he was having an existential crisis since he's turning 50 next week."

"Oh,"

*Meanwhile Backstage: Alex's POV*

I was sitting in front of Hazel, trying to talk her out of chickening out of her role as the lead.

"Hazel it'll be fine! Chill!"

"Maybe this was all a big mistake! I should've never volunteered! I should've never auditioned!"

"I'll give you my chocolate frogs if you at least try." I promised...although it was tough.

"Hey, you're good at playing dead, don't worry about it," Jane said as she walked over to us.

"And in case you're not, I actually dipped the apple in Dad's sleeping draught." James added in his high-pitched evil witch voice.

"Are you crazy!? Why would you do that?" I shouted at him.

"So Hazel would stop being chaotic."

"You're an idiot, James Potter." Jane deadpanned.

"Thanks cousin, I would've never been able to tell." He said sarcastically before pulling her dwarf hat over her eyes before she smacked his hand away.

"Hey, guys! A little birdy told me Georgie's actually looking forward to kissing you, Haze." Fred spilled as he walked over too.

"Let me guess, it was the birdy of your assumptions?" She rolled her eyes. "And plus, the script says he has to kiss me on the cheek, not on the lips."

"Must be disappointing for ya', eh Hazie?" I teased.

"What must be disappointing?" I heard Poppy Moony's voice call from behind.

"Poppy/ Grandpa Moony!" We all exclaimed as we rushed over to hug him...except Hazel.

"Nervous?" He asked her.

"Dude it'll be fine, and if it's not, just remember it's only 3 more years in this school!" James said to her.

"How encouraging...3 years of walking in shame..." She rolled her eyes.

"Hey kid, I'll tell you this because I'm a grown up...no one cares and no one will remember." Poppy Moony told her.

"I'm sorry, is that supposed to be comforting?" Fred asked as he blinked at him blankly.

"Great, so we worked our butts off for literally nothing," I said under my breath.

"Well...no one except for your parents and us cares." Moony shrugged.

"I know that deep down dad thinks my American accent is terrible." Hazel said back.

"It is," Jane and I said in unison.

"Let's just hope this goes well," James sighed.

Little did we know it was gonna be the exact opposite...