Chapter 19 - Wedding Day (1)

14th November 2000, 7AM, I woke up to Sirius sitting beside me on my bed, stroking my hair, looking at me with an unreadable expression.

"Good morning, pup." He greeted with a smile as he saw me open my eyes.

"Good morning." I said as I lay my head on his lap. "What's on your mind, Padfoot?"

"I was just admiring you...Y'know when I look at you, I still see that little 12 year old kid who was determined to kill me."

"Well, you can't really blame me...You could've just said 'Nah, I'm just here to kill the rat." but instead, you said, 'No! Only one will die tonight!', you gave us the wrong idea!" I laughed as I mocked him.

"Well, they don't call me a drama queen for nothing." He laughed.

"Of course, they don't." I smiled.

"I'm gonna miss you, kiddo."

"Miss me? Sirius, I'm only getting married. I'm still gonna be your little girl, remember what I promised you and Dad on our first Christmas together?"

"You're a kid, you won't understand until your daughters get married." He said with a smile before getting up.

"I hope you've packed your things properly." He said as he wiped a tear before starting to leave.

I walked to him and held his hand as he turned back around to look at me, "Will you really give me away?" I asked him with teary eyes.

"Just because I'm giving you away doesn't mean I'm pushing you away." He said as he wiped away my tears, "You're my daughter and I love you...And this place will always be your home, we'll always be family."

"Yeah, we will." I said with a smile before hugging him.

*Meanwhile Neville's POV*

I had spent last night at the Longbottom Manor, the home I grew up in, with my parents. And today was the day I'd make Anne my wife. Life was going to change.

It was 7 in the morning, Mum was sitting on a chair in my room and I was sitting on the floor with my head in her lap as she stroked my hair.

"Ma?"

"Hm?"

"Do you think I'd make a good husband and father?"

"Yes, yes I think you will."

"Really?"

"Neville, look at me." She said as she lifted my chin so I was looking at her, "You are a very kind and loving person. That's what Anne sees in you...and trust me when I say you're perfect just the way you are. And seeing how protective you have already gotten over your unborn daughters shows that you're gonna be a great father."

"Thanks mum." I smiled at her.

"Good luck, Neville."

*Anne's POV at 10AM*

The wedding precessions were to begin at 5PM, in exactly 7 hours. Right now, I was at home, freaking out with pre-wedding stress.

"Sirius, why does he want to marry me?" I cried as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Because he loves you!" He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.