Chapter 16 - Picking A Wedding Dress

A/N: Kinda like an episode of Say yes to the dress. Oh, and none of these pictures are mine, I got them off Google.

7th October 2000, Saturday, I was at a muggle boutique for bridal dresses with Ginny (My maid of honor), Hermione (One of my bridesmaids), my brothers, Draco (Because you can't leave out your favorite gay cousin), Remus, Sirius, Aunt Cissy, and Alice.

Our wedding was in exactly 6 weeks (Because gran said that 14th November would be an auspicious day for our wedding).

I initially wanted to wear mum's wedding dress but well...it had been eaten by moths. I cried terribly on seeing that.

As soon as we entered and settled in, a black woman came up to me and asked, "Hello, are you Anneliese Potter? The bride?"

"Yes, that's me. I booked an appointment for today." I said to her with a smile.

"Hi my name is Alyssa, I'm the manager here and I'll be helping you pick out your dress today...So, what do have in mind?"

"Something that isn't too revealing." Sirius spoke out of nowhere.

"Sirius! It's her wedding dress!" Ginny hissed.

"Thanks, Gin."

"You're welcome, babe."

"Kids these days..." Sirius complained with an eye roll.

"Busted." I heard Harry say under his breath.

"Are you her father?" Alyssa asked awkwardly.

I wish him and mum were here.

"Godfather." he answered.

"Oh, anyways, what do YOU have in mind? And what's your budget?" She asked me again.

"Well, my budget is under 2500 pounds. As for the design, I want something long-sleeved, that's for sure and I'm kind of torn between fishtails and something like a frilly ballgown, so yeah." I told her.

Luckily, there was a glamour charm (That I was using right now) to hide my baby bump without compromising the safety of my babies so I could wear the dress of my dreams on my big day without having to worry too much about the baby bump.

"I personally think you'd look better in a ball gown." Draco said.

"I second that." Harry and Eddy added.

"I think fishtail would suit you better considering your figure." Hermione interjected.

"I think so too." Alice and Aunt Cissy agreed.

"I'm a little more bent towards ball gowns but let's see." Ginny said.

"I'm neutral." Remus shrugged.

"I have no idea what you mean by a fishtail." Sirius voiced.

"You'll find out soon." I told him.

"Alright then, lets find you a dress." Alyssa said before she led me to the changing room and grabbed a few dresses on th way.

"So, what would you like to start with first?" She asked as she hung the dresses before me.

"I think I'll put on this one on. It's very pretty." I said as I picked out a fishtail-designed dress out of that lot.

"Well, if you like this one, I think you'll also like its sleeveless version." She suggested.

"Oh, no thanks." I denied politely.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you so determined on getting full-sleeves?" She asked curiously.

"Let's just say that I got a terrible tattoo when I was younger and I really regret getting it." I told her as I thought about that stupid Dark Mark that I was forced to live with.