Chapter 38 - Obliviating The Teacher

*Neville's POV*

Anne and I were at Alex and Hazel's school along with the kids (Minus Jane who was at Remus and Sirius' house) for the Parent Teacher Meeting, discussing how we'll explain Alex managing to make a bully float in the classroom after he bullied Hazel for having different colored eyes.

"We'll just deny it saying it isn't possible...if it gets too bad, we go for Plan B." She suggested. "And tuck that in." She added, referring to my wand.

"Times like this I wish there was a primary school for children like ours." I sighed...we were in a muggle school so we had to refrain from using wizarding terms.

"Just 6 more years until all three of them can attend the school." She patted my shoulder.

"I honestly can't wait. Last time, I had to tell the teacher that Hazel is actually a really fast runner and that's how she got from the classroom to the football field when they had a games period."

"I bet that's the reason none of the teachers here take us, Harry, Ginny, Angelina, George, Fred, and Alicia seriously because we come up with the weirdest excuses for our kids' accidents."

"I suppose so."

Just then, our names were called and it was our turn, so we called the girls and went in.

"Good morning, Miss Spencer." My wife greeted the teacher with a fake happy tone (She really hated that lady, she's been trying to prove that there's something 'wrong' with our kids since last year. We always make up an excuse or deny it.) while I simply nodded at the teacher.

"Good morning to you too, Mrs. Longbottom." She greeted back as we took a seat...time to listen to this woman rant about our kids.

"I suppose Alexis here told you about the incident with another child?" The teacher asked while staring at Alex.

"What incident?" Anne asked, even though we very well knew what happened.

"I walked into an empty classroom to see your daughter laughing at a boy who was somehow floating in the air."

"Floating in the air? I think you're mistaken." I scoffed. I have nailed the art of lying HAH!

"I don't suppose that's possible." Anne shook her head.

"Yeah, it's not possible Miss Spencer. I mean, it's not like I'm a witch or something." Alex chuckled as Anne, Hazel and I gave her a look to tell her to stop talking.

"Well, as it turns out, I managed to take a picture this time!" Spencer smirked as she pulled out her phone and showed us the picture of a boy floating in the air.

"Now, how do you explain that?" The teacher asked victoriously.

Anne and I slowly turned our heads to look at each other, "Plan B." We said in unison.

"Oh my god, they're gonna do it!" Hazel gasped.

"Told you we should've gotten that popcorn." Alex said to her accusingly.

"I feel bad for Jane because she can't witness this."

"Calloportus." I cast at the door of the classroom with my wand, locking it.

"What the hell did you just do?" The teacher asked me in confusion.

Anne waved her wands and drew the curtains of the window.

"Oh my god, what are you people?" She asked as she looked really scary.

"Let's just say you're gonna get flashy thinged." Hazel told her.

"Flashy thinged...wait as in like the MIB?"

"Yes, but with a wand." Alex answered.

"You're gonna erase my memories?" She asked as she backed away from us with fear.

"Yes, I promise this won't hurt a bit." Anne said as she walked closer with her wand in her hand.

"HELP-"

"Silencio!" I cast on her as she struggled with the realization that I took her voice.

"We are so sorry but this is necessary," I said to her as Anne chased after her in circles. Meanwhile, the girls were standing in a corner, enjoying the show.

"Please stop running, it would be easier on both of us!" Anne exclaimed.

'NO!' Miss Spencer mouthed.

"Mum...you could just petrify her." Hazel pointed out.

"Thanks, Haze."She said before pointing out, "Petrificus Totalus!" She cast.

"This is the second time I'm doing this." Anne sighed as we walked to the petrified woman.

"I've had to obliviate Miss Winters about three times." I told her.

"The Math teacher?"

"Yup"

"You are the coolest parents ever." Alex said in awe.

"Let's get this over with." She sighed as she took the teacher's i Phone and unlocked it (thank god you only have to swipe to do that), went into her photos, and deleted the picture she was showing us earlier.

"Alright, let's sit you down." She said before we both sat her down and cast the counter charm to unpetrify her.

"Please tell me this is just a bad dream." She pleaded.

"No, it isn't." Hazel laughed out.

"Obliviate." Anne cast before there could be any more drama.

"Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Longbottom, let's discuss how your daughters are doing in their classes, yes?"

"Go ahead," Anne said as if nothing happened.

"As usual, Alexis and Hazel has almost perfect scores in every subject."

Anne and I flashed our daughters a proud smile as the teacher said that.

"However, I'd rather they also stop with their silly excuses for not doing their homework." She sighed. "The art teacher gave them a homework to draw what they think an ideal world would look like, when Mrs. Singh asked them why their pages were blank, they said it was because it represents positivity." She told us.

"Well, it does!" They said in unison.

"Girls...I think we've taught you about accepting your mistakes." I said to them sternly.

"Sorry," The girls apologised.

"And I wanted to ask you both why you don't sign the notes they get."

"Notes?" I asked as I turned to the girls.

"What notes?" My wife asked them sternly as they stared at their feet nervously.

And with a long list of complaints...we finally left.

"Mum...Dad...are you angry?" Alex asked.

"Not really, we're just upset that you never told us about all the things you did." Anne replied.

"You do realise that all of those stories could've given us a good laugh, right? I mean we get stressed out after having to check so many assignments, We literally never scold you kids for these things." I added.

"And you two better start doing your homework on a daily basis."

"Yes mum." Hazel acknowledged with a smile.

"Good."