Chapter 25 - The Delivery

*Anne's POV*

6th March 2001, 9 AM, Neville had bought breakfast for the both of us and we were discussing names for our daughters while having sandwiches.

"You know, I really like the name, Hazel. It's just adorable." He told me.

"I think it's a very cute name." I told him with a smile.

"Hey! How about this, Hazel Alice Longbottom? Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" He chuckled.

"I think so too. Flows better than Hazel Anneliese Longbottom."

"Hazel Anne Longbottom?"

We both thought about it for a few seconds before looking at each other, "Absolutely not."

"Hazel Alice Longbottom sounds so much better. Plus, I think it would be cute. Naming her after her grandma." I told him.

"Then we can use Lily as the other one's middle name."

"I was thinking the exact same thing." I told him with a smile as I felt tears forming in my eyes, hearing my mother's name.

"So, what's the name you have in mind?"

"I like Alexis. We can call her Alex for short." I told him as I grinned. I really liked the name.

"Alexis Lily Longbottom. I like the sound of that." He chuckled. "She sounds like a protective elder sister, doesn't she?" He added.

"Actually, Alexis means defender in greek." I told him.

"Really? It is a big sister name then."

"So, the first one born is Alexis Lily and the second one is Hazel Alice?" I confirmed.

"Yes."

Just then, the door opened to reveal Harry, Ginny, Eddy, and Melanie.

"Oh Merlin, Lizzy, are you okay? Are the kids okay?" Eddy asked worriedly as he pulled a chair and sat down beside me.

"All three of us are fine, Ed."

"We wanted to come yesterday but our fireplace was blocked and you can't just apparate here. Do you know how much traffic there is outside? Everyone wants to know about your delivery!" Melanie told me.

"They just won't give us a break, will they?" Neville sighed.

"And you! Why weren't you at home with her!?" Ginny shouted at him as she grabbed his collar.

"It's okay, Gin. He's had enough of it from Mum and Gran." I told her as she let go of him. Yup, Alice and Frank insisted that I call them Mum and Dad after Neville and I got married. And to be honest I didn't mind it either, it was rather sweet. They even treated me as their own daughter. But no one would ever replace my Mum and Dad and I had established that.

"You better be more careful next time." Harry said to him sternly.

"I don't think there's gonna be a next time." I told him as I shook my head.

"Is childbirth that painful?" Harry asked.

"You have no idea." Melanie said as she looked at him dead in the eye.

"I'm scared." Ginny shuddered.

"It'll be fine...I mean, I got through it two times." She shrugged.

"You're taking so much pain." Neville said as he held my hand.

"Because I know it'll all be worth it when I see their faces." I smiled at him.

"I wish I got that kind of appreciation...but all I got was a Nutella rip off." Ginny as she side eyed Harry.