Chapter 12 - Will You Marry Me?

17th September 2000 2:45 AM, I felt something being taped to my forehead. I got up to see no one around. It reminded me of the time when the same thing happened in my fourth year which caused a smile to spread on my face.

I took the sticky off my forehead, "Meet me in the greenhouse in 15 minutes." I read the words printed on the note.

"Let's go and meet Dada." I said as I looked down at my belly.

I picked up my wand, put on my jacket and slippers, and headed to the greenhouse which was as I expected, lit up with beautiful fairy lights but instead of Neville, I found one of my first-year students wearing a tux and holding a bundle of roses. 

"Mr. Reid, what may I ask are you doing here at this hour?" I asked sternly...totally not being a hypocrite.

"I have a note, Professor! Oh, and these roses are for you. Professor Longbottom left this note for you." He said before handing me two notes, one note saying that he was allowed to be here and it was signed by Neville.

I then read the other note.

'You were expecting me here, weren't you? Jokes on you, I'm at the Astronomy tower. I promise I will be there this time. Please don't go back!!! Oh, and tell Austin Reid I said thanks and don't give him detention, he's a good kid.

Love,

Neville :) '

"He says thanks, now you may rush to the Ravenclaw common room, Mr. Reid." I said to the kid as I passed him a smile which he returned.

"See you later, Professor Potter. Oh, and congratulations in advance." He said as he winked at me before running away.

What?

I guess I'll find out when I meet Neville.

I made my way to the Astronomy Tower and saw that it was really dark...until it wasn't and I was startled by all the Professors of Hogwarts and all the first years yelling "SURPRISE!" as one of the kids switched on the lights.

Happy tears blinded my vision when I saw that the kids were all holding different papers that said a lot of words in appreciation for me.

I could see a lot of 'We love Professor Potter!', 'The coolest Professor ever!', 'Our favorite Professor!', 'Goddess of kindness!' etcs.

"Aww. Thank you! All of you are so sweet!" I said as I went to my students and gave them a group hug.

"What is this for? It's not my birthday." I asked the Professors...Neville particularly.

"It's because I don't want to wait anymore." Neville said with a smile as he held my hands, causing all the Professors and kids to Aww.

"I have been in love with you for 8 years now. Back in '94, I couldn't believe that you actually wanted to date me, a clumsy loser who likes plants when there were so many better options for you. But, as time passed, you taught me to accept and love myself and showed me that I was special in my own way. And if it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't be a Professor at all, I would've been doing a job that I hated and my self-esteem would've still been on the floor...You know the day we first had a look at our baby in that ultrasound, I couldn't help but smile all day. I still can't believe that I'm gonna be a father. I love you, Anne and I love our unborn child." He said to me with a smile.

"Told you she was knocked up." Professor McGonagall said to Professor Flitwick smugly as he groaned and handed her some money.

"You owe me, Professor Slughorn," Dean said to the Professor.

"That's not fair, she's your friend. She would've told you before the bet." Slughorn said to him...it was true, I did tell Dean myself.

"A bet is a bet, sir."

"I swear your generation is weird." Slughorn said before handing Dean the money.

Neville then went down on one knee in front of me as my hand flew to my mouth and I started blushing madly on realizing what was next, he then pulled out a ring and asked the question, "Anneliese Lily Potter, will you marry me?"

"SAY YES, PROFESSOR! SAY YES!" The kids cheered.

"I'm keeping my last name." I said with a smirk as I put the ring on my finger.

"I've waited 8 years to see this." Minnie said as she wiped away her happy tears.

Neville got up as we both smiled at each other.

"KISS HER!" The kids yelled again.

"Can't say no to the kids, can I?" He grinned.

"No, you can't. Shut up and kiss me, dingus" I said before pulling him down and crashing our lips together.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." He said to me as we pulled away and rested our foreheads against each other's.

"Me neither. You did ask my dads and brothers, right?" I asked him.

"Yes, and luckily I wasn't murdered. And you were right when you said Sirius and Remus would be dramatic about it, 4 years ago." He answered with a chuckle.

"Alright then."

A/N: This is how I imagine Neville would propose to Anne. And here's the picture of the engagement ring (this picture doesn't belong to me, I got it off Pinterest)

 And here's the picture of the engagement ring (this picture doesn't belong to me, I got it off Pinterest)