Chapter 51 - Moving

A week later, I was still at Harry and Ginny's House along with the girls. I was preparing breakfast with Harry when an owl swooped in from the kitchen window, dropped 3 letters with the Hogwarts crest on them and left.

I picked up the letters, they were addressed to Hazel, Alex and James.

"Oh look, their Hogwarts acceptance letters." Harry said with a smile as he took the letters from my hands.

"I remember getting my first letter." I smiled.

"Wasn't that when we ran away with Ron, Fred and George?"

"Yeah,"

"They're gonna be so happy when they see them...they've been upset for the past week."

"Umm...about that...you wouldn't mind giving James his letter a little late, would you?" I asked him nervously.

"Okay...but why?"

"Well...I found out that there was an opening for a DADA teacher in Ilvermorny, so I applied for it, and I got it too...I've already given Minerva my resignation letter."

"You're moving to America with the girls?" Harry asked me with his eyebrows raised as I simply nodded.

"Yeah, I'm gonna send them to Ilvermorny too, I don't want to excite them with Hogwarts letters and then let them down."

"Okay...I get that...but why are you moving?"

"I need a fresh start, Harry. I just need to get away from Hogwarts because whenever I think about it, I associate it with all the memories we made there...and that also involves Neville."

"Anne...I really need to know what he did...I mean, you both were so happy together, and then out of nowhere, you got divorced. And you're still friends with him but you also want to get away from him. I don't get it."

"Well...I suppose we just weren't meant to be. Maybe we mistook a really good friendship for love. And I can't stand that fact. I can't always be a fighter. I just want to have a fresh start and give Hazel, Jane and Alex the best life I can...I've already applied for an H-1B visa. I think I'll rent us a house somewhere in Massachusetts."

"Isn't that a temporary work pass?"

"I can get a green card after 6 years."

"Are you sure about this Annie? You know, moving to a different country and stuff?"

"Yeah, I'm sure Harry."

"Okay then, If that's what you think would be best for you and the girls, go ahead, and tell me if there's something I can do."

"I will, thanks Harry...for being so supportive. I really don't know what I'd do without you." I said to him with a smile.

"You'll be fine." He said before hugging me and kissing the top of my head.

I'm gonna start fresh.