Chapter 61 - She Didn't Have A Choice

*Hazel's POV*

I couldn't believe it, my Dad cheated on my Mum and she used to be a Death Eater.

If that was so, then why did she kill him? Or did she? After all, he was her biological father, maybe it's all a big conspiracy.

Are the History books even correct?

I need answers. I need to ask someone. Poppy Padfoot and Poppy Moony would know, wouldn't they? Or would they lie too? It's worth a shot. I need to know.

I just hope I'm wrong and that my mom isn't a bad person.

I made my way to the Hufflepuff common room with tears in my eyes.

"You alright there, Haze? How's Alex? Is she still crying?" Teddy asked as soon as I entered.

"I have to be somewhere," I said before taking a handful of Floo powder, stepping into the fireplace, and flooing to Poppy Padfoot and Moony's house.

"Hazel? Darling, what are you doing here?" Poppy Padfoot asked as soon as I came out of their fireplace.

"It's quite a long story. I saw mum's Dark Mark...I can't believe that she was one of them. I thought she had only infiltrated the Death Eaters. I need answers!"

"Hazie...listen...Yes, your mum was a Death Eater but it wasn't her choice..." Moony said calmly.

"So she just accidentally got the Dark Mark?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Hey! Your mother had to go through a lot while she was infiltrating the Death Eaters. She never wanted to hurt anyone." He said in a tone that told me he was holding back some information.

"And why didn't she tell us that? Why is she always wearing full sleeves and hiding it? Why isn't it in the History Books?"

"Alright Hazel, have you thought that maybe...just maybe, she was trying to protect you? She didn't want fame. Back then, Anna was little and she didn't want her to know about all that dark stuff. And she didn't want you kids to hear either when you were born. She wanted to keep you as far as possible from all this. She's trying her best to keep you away from all the dark and disturbing things she went through as a child. And if you think she's wrong for trying to protect you, then believe me, kid, you are the one who's wrong." Poppy Padfoot said scolded.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scold you...Just respect your mother, alright? She loves you and she isn't a bad person. She just didn't have a choice." He added.

"Oh,"

I'm gonna have to apologize to mum.