Chapter 53 - Neville Gets Scolded

*Neville's POV*

I had messed up. I had messed up bad. I lost the woman I loved, I was gonna lose my kids all because of one stupid mistake. Now she's moving to America, only to get away from me.

If only I hadn't given into Karol's seduction that day...I would still have been married to Anne, we would still have been living in our home together, I would still get to tuck in the girls before they went to sleep, I would still get to read them bedtime stories...Anne would still know how much I love her.

She puts on a mask for the girls but I can see she's breaking, she thinks she wasn't good enough for me when the truth is that I'm the one who wasn't good enough for her. It was my infidelity that ruined everything.

Once Anne left with Sirius, leaving the girls here to stay the night over here, Mum and Dad turned to look at me with furious expressions on their faces.

"Neville...did you cheat on Anne?" Mum asked sternly.

"I did...And it's the worst thing I've ever done." I sighed as I looked at my feet in shame.

"I can't believe this." She said in disappointment as she slumped in her chair.

Great...Everyone I love hates me.

"I- What were you thinking!? You loved Anne, a-and you just let her go!? Just like that!?" Dad scolded me.

"I still love her! I made a mistake, a terrible mistake and I hate myself for that!" I shouted as tears flooded my eyes, "She was my first love...and I just let her go."

"Then don't! If you love her then don't let her go! Don't let her leave! I know you guys are divorced now but you can still try! She still loves you, I can see it!" Dad exclaimed.

"I'm not gonna tie her down to me Dad, not after what I did. I don't deserve someone like her and she deserves so much better than me. So no, I won't stop her from leaving, you know why? Because I love her." I told him before walking off to my old room where the girls were currently asleep.

A small smile appeared on my lips as I saw my three angels sleeping on the double bed, cuddling with each other. I walked to the bedside and sat down on the corner of the bed beside Hazel.

I gently moved her hair from her face, careful not to wake her up. Just then, I saw her smile as she snuggled closer to me.

"I love you, Dada," She said softly in her sleep. I smiled as I hadn't heard her call me Dada since she was five.

"I love you too, Hazelnut," I said softly under my breath before kissing her forehead and getting up.

I walked over to the other side where Alex was sleeping, "I love you, Ally-Flower," I said before kissing her forehead as well which caused her to smile in her sleep.

"And I love you too, Gummy Bear," I said before kissing Jane's forehead as I leaned over Alex.

I can't believe I won't be waking up to their shouting and squealing anymore.

What have I done?