Chapter 36 - Justice

*TW - Blood, Killing, Mentions of Rape and Grooming*

5th October 2007, 9 PM, I was going through the muggle newspaper, London times, its 3rd page held the news of an 8 year who was raped by 3 men and then murdered.

What had that poor girl done to deserve this?

It could've easily been Alex or Hazel.

It bought tears to my eyes as it reminded me of myself and the fact that this happens all around and this was the world I was raising my daughters in. I was scared for them, I can't let them go through what I went through as a child.

But what had I done after it happened to me? Absolutely Nothing. I never asked for justice. I just stayed quiet.

Maybe I could've prevented such instances with some other girls had I been brave enough.

But it was too late now, wasn't it?

Who would believe it if I talked about it now? They never listen, they think of us as attention seekers.

If I ask for justice now, I would most probably lose the case since I have no proof.

These thoughts circled my head throughout dinner and kept me up until 4 AM when I decided that if I couldn't be heard or given justice, I'll do what has to be done by myself, even if I might get thrown into prison for it.

I slowly got out of bed, careful not to wake Neville, opened my almirah, unlocked the safe kept inside of it, and took out my gun.

I had gotten one just in case, along with a license of course.

Now, you might question why I would need a gun if I have a wand. It was for the muggles.

I put the gun in the pocket of my pyjamas, took my car keys and wand, put on my glasses, shoes and coat, but before I left, I decided to leave a note for Neville.

'Dear Neville,

Remember how I told you about all the abuse I went through as a child? I couldn't sleep as I was thinking about it. And I think it's high time I did something about it.

I can't stand the fact that I never did anything about it and that this is the world we're raising our daughters in.

I know for a fact that the court can't give me justice at this point. And I also know that I won't be taken seriously after all these years. So I'm going to do what has to be done, by myself.

I'm sorry I can't tell you what exactly I'm going to do, all I can tell you is that I'm going to Little Whinging tonight. And for now, I'm only targetting one of my offenders.

Love,

Anne'

And then I drove off to Surry which was only half-an-hour away.

I drove up to House number 602, Bladen Street, Little Whinging, Surrey. I read the nameplate, Sawyer Wilson, the guy who groomed me, he still lived there.

I heard noises coming from the house.

"Papa, please let me go!" I heard a little girl cry.

"HOW DARE YOU DROP THAT BOTTLE!?" He yelled.

"I-I di-didn't d-do it on purpose." She sobbed.

"GET OVER HERE YOU LITTLE BITCH!"

And then I heard the sound of the girl screaming out of pain.

That's when I decided to break in.

I took my wand and gun.

"Alohomora." I cast at the door lock before walking in.