Chapter 66 - Time Travel

*Alex's POV*
15th August 2014, Mum and Dad wasted no time in getting married again, in fact it had been a week since the re-wedding and since we moved back into our old house.

I was fooling around when I passed mum and dad's room to see dad hugging mum and comforting her as she cried...so I decided to listen in and find out what happened and why she was crying.

"I really miss Mum and Dad, Neville...I really wish they were still here, y'know? Th-They never got to meet their granddaughters...they were only 36." She cried.

Just then, an idea struck my mind, a few days ago, news broke out that Uncle Harry had arrested a former Death Eater who possessed a time turner despite the fact that they had all been destroyed by the ministry...and Anna is Uncle Harry's intern.

Maybe we could go back to 1996 and save them! That way we could even get to meet Poppy and Nana!

*The next day*

I had shared the plan with Hazel, Jane, Fred, George and James...and now we were at Uncle Eddy's, in Anna's room, begging her to help us get the time turner.

"I won't do it! It's too dangerous!" She shouted.

"C'mon Anna, it'll be fun!" Jane tried.

"We're gonna change the entire timeline! What part of that sounds fun to you!?"

"Maybe the part where we get to see Nana and Poppy?" Hazel said.

"And it would be fun to give spoilers to the adults!" George negotiated.

"This isn't a book, George!"

"Anna...we're literally fictional...this isn't hurting anyone." Fred deadpanned.

"Well I'm sorry for trying to be responsible and not break the fourth wall!"

"C'mon Annie, do it for mum! You love mum!" I tried.

"Look, as much as I love Aunt Lizzy, time travel is very dangerous...Okay fine! I'll do it!"

"You're my favourite cousin!" I exclaimed before hugging her as she muttered something about losing her job over this.

"Ouch..." I heard James say, causing me to stick my tongue out at him

*Three days later*

Anna had managed to get the time turner and now we all were standing uncomfortably next to each other in Anna's room as the string was wrapped around us.

"Ready?" Anna asked.

"Yes!" We all replied as Anna started twisting the time turner.

After 20 seconds of swirling through time, the seven of us fell on a table.

We looked around to see that everyone around us was confused. We all got up and looked around to see a few familiar faces like Poppy Moony and Poppy Padfoot who looked way younger.

"Anne? What are you doing here? And who are these kids?" Grandma Alice's younger version asked Anna.

"It's not Anne, Alice." A ginger woman whom I remembered seeing in pictures said to her, THAT'S NANA!

"Who are you and why are you here?" A man in glasses asked sternly...THAT'S POPPY!

Once we all managed to untangle ourselves from each other and stand up...Anna started talking.

"Before we introduce ourselves, may we please have today's date...and year?"

"It's 12th April 1996, now go on, tell us who you are." Poppy said sternly.

Anna was muttering under her breath, calculating whether or not her mother would be pregnant by now before answering, "We're from the future, your grandchildren to be exact..."

"Wait what?"

"We time travelled to prevent something terrible." I added.

"I think we should call the kids too..." I heard Poppy Padfoot say to the others.

"I agree...why don't you kids sit down?" Poppy said too.

"But we're gonna be watching you!" Poppy Moony said sternly.

"That's fine, Poppy Moony." said Hazel.

"Poppy Moony...I like that..." He said as he smiled.

"I'm watching you..." Alastor moody grumbled as he kept staring at us, dead in the eye, causing us to gulp.

I hope this goes well...