Chapter 63 - Oliver's Proposal

*Anne's POV*

It had been 3 days since Neville and I got back together...except I forgot to break up with Oliver...I'm a terrible person.

I had been avoiding Oliver for the past 3 days because of this.

"You have to tell him, y'know?" Neville said as he walked beside me.

"And I will...I just feel a little guilty because I cheated on him." I said airily.

"Anne...I've been meaning to ask you...are you sure you wanna give us another shot? I mean...you seem to be pretty happy with Oliver too," He said while looking at his feet.

"Neville...look, I won't deny it, Oliver makes me happy...but you make me happier. You don't know how hard the past year has been...No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to stop loving you and I don't think I ever will."

"Really?"

"Yeah...I guess I'll go and talk to Oliver now and break up with him,"

"Okay...do you want me to come along?"

"No Love, that would be weird...what are you smiling like that for?"

"Nothing...I just missed you calling me 'Love'."

"You're cheesy, you know that?" I said to him playfully before walking off to Oliver's office and knocking on the door.

"Come in,"

So I opened the door and walked in while drowning in guilt.

"Hey Love," He said as he smiled at me.

I'm a monster.

"I uh...I need to talk to you," I said before closing the door behind me.

"Go on," He said as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.."Now, before I get the wrong idea, by talking do you mean talking or-"

"I mean talking, Oliver." I said as I removed his hands from my waist.

"Okay then, go ahead,"

"I'm...I wanna give me and Neville another shot." I blurted out.

"Wha-What?"

"When I followed him the other day...We ended up-"

"You slept with him, didn't you?" He asked sadly.

"I'm sorry Oliver..."

"He cheated on you, Anne! He doesn't deserve you!"

"He was seduced by a half veela...he wouldn't have done it otherwise!"

"So you're leaving me for him?"

"Oliver...you're a wonderful man, I only want good things for you and I do hope that one day you find a woman who truly loves you...but I can't be that woman...please understand that." I said with tears in my eyes as I grabbed the sides of his face.

He aggressively removed my hands, walked to his table, pulled out the top drawer and took out a red ring box...oh no...

He opened the box on the table to reveal a diamond ring.

"Y'know, I bought this for you right after our first date, you know why? Because I know that a woman like you only comes along once in a lifetime! I see you, Anneliese Potter, and I love you! I won't let you go just like that like he did." He said seriously.

"Oliver-"

"Anneliese Lily Potter, will you marry me, yes or no!?" He asked in an intimidating way.

"I like you, Oliver...but I love him, I always have...I'm sorry." I said before exiting.

That was intense.