Chapter 56 - Sorting Ceremony

*Anne's POV*

1st September 2012, It had been over a month since Alex left with Jane to Neville's. Alex refused to come back unless we were staying here.

I thought about it, what I wanted didn't matter over what my daughters wanted, and all three of them wanted to stay, so why should I upset them further by forcefully moving?

So, I spent the last month undoing everything, we weren't going to move to America. Oh, and I also took back my old position as the DADA Professor at Hogwarts.

So here I was, in the UK, working at Hogwarts, sitting right beside my Ex-Husband.

It may be a little awkward with Neville, but I don't care as long as Alex, Hazel, and Jane are happy.

I started paying attention as the L's came up during the sorting ceremony.

"Longbottom, Alexis!" Flitwick called, causing me to sit up straight as I saw my eldest daughter confidently walk up and sit down on the stool before the hat was placed on her head.

"GRYFFINDOR!" It announced after a few seconds as Neville and I clapped proudly along with the Gryffindor Table.

"No surprises there," I said with a smile.

"She's all you, it was obvious," Neville said to me.

"Yeah," I said back as Hazel's name was called and she nervously sat down on the stool.

"Hufflepuff," We both said under our breaths as the hat was placed on her head.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" The hat announced as we cheered and clapped again.

But judging by their faces, I guess neither of them were expecting that...or maybe they weren't ready for it yet, being in different houses. It was bound to happen, I mean, they've always been like Peanut Butter and Jelly, never one without the other.

A small smile appeared on my face as I saw Teddy hugging Hazel excitedly at the Hufflepuff table. They looked adorable.

James and George were sorted into Gryffindor while Fred was in Hufflepuff too.

During the feast, I noticed the group of five, having an eye-to-eye conversation, that was explained after the food was gone when Alex launched a Weasley Wizard Wheezes Firework that said "THE MARAUDERS ARE BACK!"

That caused Minnie to slump in her chair saying, "Exactly what I've been fearing for the past 11 years."

Oh well...