Chapter 62 - She's Half-Veela

*Anne's POV*

It had been a month since the incident, Hazel had apologized to me and stopped speaking to Neville, and started calling him 'Professor Longbottom' rather than Dad. However, she hadn't told Alex and Jane about the whole thing.

For some reason, I didn't like how she was treating Neville. A part of me told me he deserved it while the other told me that she shouldn't be treating her father like that.

I was roaming around in the Quidditch field to catch some fresh air when I bumped into Oliver who was also roaming around. Did I mention that he was now my boyfriend?

"Hey love," He greeted with a smile.

"Hello!" I said back.

"Don't you have to pick up Jane from day care in an hour?" He asked me.

"Oh yeah, I better be leaving," I said as I checked my watch to see that it was already 5PM.

"I'll see you then," He said.

"See ya," I said before kissing him...but it didn't stop there because he turned it into a snog fest.

His arms were wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him as my hands buried themselves into his hair. Slowly I felt his hands move up my back-

Just then, we heard the sound of something falling. We pulled away and I turned around to see Neville looking at us in shock with a broken flowerpot by his feet.

"Sorry," He said as he started to walk away.

"I-I'll talk to him," I said to Oliver before walking after my Ex-Husband.

"Neville!" I called out to him as I followed him into the greenhouse.

"What is it Anne?" He asked shakily as he turned around to face me.

"What are those tears in your eyes for?" I asked simply.

"That doesn't matter. If you're happy with him, go ahead, don't let me hold you back."

"It's so easy for you to say that, isn't it?" I scoffed.

"Don't know if you remember but those were your exact words when I asked you if you were okay with me dating Trinity." He reminded.

"You think it was easy for me to see you with her?"

"You think it was easy for me to watch you break?" He asked as he looked directly into my eyes. "C'mon Anne, don't tell me you don't still feel it." He added as he walked towards me, making my heart beat faster. "I know, I fucked up bad...but it wasn't exactly under my control."

"Lies...you could've easily just not have had sex with Karol...It must've took you what, half an hour? But to me, that's 18 years of my life that I spent loving you, down the drain. 18 years of my life I won't ever get back" I said to him as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"She's a half veela and she seduced me." He said plainly.

"Wh-Why should I believe you?"

He sighed and pulled out his phone from his pocket and played a recording that was in Karol's voice.

"I broke them up like you told me to, now I want my pay, It's been over a year, damnit!...It was simple, I just seduced Potter's husband, I mean, benifits of being half veela...C'mon, I'm not quitting this job until you pay me the last installment...I could expose you y'know?...No, you pay me for this one first, I'm not gonna do Harry Potter...Because it would be suspicious you fool!...I don't care about all that, I just want my money!...Yeah, bye."

And then the rest of the recording was blank.

"I was voice recording a lesson of mine...I forgot to turn it off and accidentally left my phone in the classroom...this is what it recorded." He told me.

"You didn't cheat on me by choice." I said softly.

"No, I'd never do that. I love you, Anne. I always have. I don't know about you but I still love you just as much-"

"Stop talking," I said before kissing him which soon turned into snogging...you can probably imagine what happened after that.

After so long, I finally felt happy. Being so close to him again. Knowing that our love was never fake. Knowing that it was me who he loved and no one else.

Now, I'm gonna have to talk to Oliver.