Chapter 60 - You Were One Of Them

I followed Hazel after she ran out of the Common Room so I could comfort her. After looking around for a bit, I found her sobbing in a corner with Anna comforting her.

I walked to them.

"Aunt Liz...Sh-She won't tell me why she's crying." Anna told me with concern.

"It's alright, Anna. I'll talk to her, you can go," I told her with a smile as she nodded before leaving.

"Why didn't you just tell us?" Hazel asked me as soon as her cousin was out of earshot.

"You think I'd want to burden you with something like that?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"You know how Dad's always telling us how we should be cautious of boys because they break your heart. I never believed that because I saw how happy you and Dad were...But I think I do now. If my own Dad would do something so disgusting, then maybe all men are like that."

"Hey, listen to me, I know you're upset but hear me out, this is my problem, not yours. He still loves you more than anything. There's no one in this entire world whom he loves more than you and your sisters."

"Isn't that what he told you, Mum?" She scoffed.

"That's different Hazel. And trust me, darling...No one in this entire world can hurt you as long as I'm here."

"How are you always so strong, Mum?"

"Love, I killed the darkest wizard of all time when I was 15, my strength is inbuilt." I told her with a small smile.

"No, seriously, how?"

"It was my situations, darling. Trust me, I'm glad you don't have to go through all that."

"How come it's been 12 years and I've never seen your forearms?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow at me.

Oh no...

Now, the thing was that according to Magical History, I had infiltrated the Death Eaters in full consciousness but had never become one. And that's what we told the kids (Out of which only Anna knew the truth) because we didn't want them to know all that dark stuff.

Hazel then started to lift my left sleeve, revealing my Dark Mark to her.

"Oh my god...you were one of them..." She gasped as she was on the verge of tears again.

"Hazel, it's not what you think it is-" But I was cut off by Hazel flinching.

"I can't believe my own mother-"

"Hazie, please just listen-"

"No! Y-You're a Death Eater! You're a bad person!" She shouted before leaving as I had tears in my eyes.

She won't trust anyone again...