Chapter 100: What To Do Next

Cerridwen and Tora soon woke up from their journey inside Tora's subconscious to meet with War. However, what I heard next kind of surprised me.

"You're the only one that met with War, Cerridwen?"

"Indeed," Cerridwen confirmed. "Mine sister must have sensed mine presence and decided to keep Lady Tora out of it."

"I didn't know she could do that..." Tora muttered. "No wonder everything was so quiet."

"What did she tell you?" I asked, wanting to know what happened.

"Well, mine sister War believed that I was about to free her. However, I explained the situation, which angered her."

Well, that's not good. I don't want a repeat of what happened back in the beastfolk kingdom. Meaning I don't want to have to deal with both Nocticula and a forbidden beast. I mean, I did lose an arm when Cerridwen used that laser beam attack from before.

And she was the forbidden beast Famine. Imagine what'll happen if I have to face against War of all beasts. That would be a very bothersome and painful experience. An experience I will avoid at all possible. Maybe...I'll work on it.

"Is she going to cause any trouble?" I asked, hoping the worse wasn't to pass.

"All that I can say is that she sulks. Realizing she was to remain in chains, she simply turned away and ignored me." I could tell that Cerridwen was a bit heartbroken, unable to release her sister.

Still, until we figure out a way to unseal War without killing Tora, there's not much to do. I thought about just doing the unsealing process and just heal Tora afterward. But the unknown results could damage Tora's body so bad that not even resurrecting her could work.

If I had full control over [Absolute Domain], I might've taken that risk, but I'm still a long way before getting to that level of power. Although it's frustrating, I have to figure out another solution.

Just in case, I'm going to ask Sayuri more about this extraction process that Ichika explained. That might be the solution considering that they transferred War's body from Tora's mom to her.

Speaking of which...

"Hey, Tora, where are your parents?" I asked. "I know you're the Clan Leader and all, but don't you have your parents to help you out like Kui?"

Suddenly, I felt a bit of tension in the air. Tora had her head down, hiding her expression, yet I can tell she was somewhat uncomfortable. As for Ichika, she looked at me like I just insulted her or something.

...I made a mistake, didn't I?

"My parents..." Tora began, though her voice was low. "they aren't here anymore. They both died."

"A-ah, I-I'm sorry to hear that..." Yep, I definitely made a mistake. No doubt about that.

"It's fine," Tora said with a smile, though I could tell she felt sad inside. "My pops died before I was born while my Mom died while giving birth. War was pretty violent when it was being transferred to me, so my mom couldn't handle it."

That sounds...very depressing. According to what she just said, she never really grew up with either parent, because they died before or during her birth.

I felt bad for her, not knowing either of her parents. Though, in my case, I guess I would be better off not knowing mine. In fact, I'd be way better off without them.

"W-well, we should get going..." I said, feeling somewhat awkward.

"Right..." Tora muttered. "I should start training for the Tournament, anyway. Although, it's a bit late since it's happening tomorrow."