Chapter 19: More In Store

"Geez, Desmond really should've cleaned up before he left."

"I will not deny that. Father has always been busy with his work, so he never cleaned his office much."

Right now, Emma, Amy, and I were currently cleaning up Desmond's office that was littered with paperwork. We started about thirty minutes ago, but it doesn't look like we made much progress, mostly because we were organizing the guy's notes.

I'll say it now, Desmond Graves was not one to organize. Certain papers were with other notes that have nothing to do with it, and the floor was piled up with so much of his work that it's difficult to move around without knocking any of them over.

While I was shuffling through some of Desmond's papers, Vlad soon showed up looking surprised.

"You guys are still sorting through all this?"

"It's not as easy as it looks. Apparently, Desmond was working on a lot of different projects, so we were organizing them by it." Although I can't understand most of what Desmond wrote down, I did know, from Emma, that he was working on new spells, weapons, and items to make.

It seems that Desmond was quite the busy guy. Every five papers I go through, it's a new project, so I had to make a new pile for them. I'm starting to think that we're making much progress is cleaning since we were making new paper stacks out of the old ones.

But, after about another half hour later, we were actually getting somewhere. The floor of the office was starting to appear. Seeing this, the three of us kept going until we managed to get everything organized to an appropriate level.

We were able to place each set of project notes in folders and stack them in alphabetical order. We then placed the folders in file drawers for later use. With that settled, the office looked far better now than when we first showed up.

"Finally!" I sighed heavily before sitting on the computer chair. I felt like sleeping on the desk, but I still had work to do.

Now that I think about it, since Desmond has a computer, I wonder what's on it. Pulling myself closer to the desk, I grabbed the keyboard and mouse, and tried to access Grave's computer.

When I tried to get on it, I was brought to a password screen. Why am I not surprised? You couldn't have even tried to make easy for me, huh?

Whatever, it's not like I need to know the password since I have Emma...which, now that I think about it, might be the reason why Desmond told me to look out after her. There might be more stuff around that I don't know and will need Emma's help.

Well played, Desmond. I'll give you this one.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. I need to get back to work.

"Emma, what's the password for this computer?" I called Emma over for her assistance.

The android walked over to me in a very stiff posture. I say stiff, but they were more like calculated steps and movements. Her arms didn't sway, nor did her foot pattern change when she walked.

Once she got over to the desk, she looked at the screen for a moment. "According to my archives, the password should be seven-four-twelve."

I wasted no time and typed in the code. Doing this reminded me of my old world, so I felt both nostalgic and bitter for that. Anyway, Emma was right about the password, because once I typed it in, a screen of a famous scientist appeared.

"...Is that Albert Einstein?" The scientist on the screen had a wacky mustache and had wild white hair. This was without a doubt Albert Einstein, the guy who came up with E=mc2 equation.