Chapter 87: The Demon Lords of Askon

Located west of Tengoku city was another city for those that lived outside the Heavenly Kingdom. It is also a place where only those that despised the citizens of Tengoku City reside.

And it is also the place where the people responsible for the previous Jade Emperor's death ruled over. This city was called Sheng City, also known as the City of the Sages.

Compared to the Heavenly City, Sheng City wasn't as advanced as theirs. To be more accurate, if Tengoku City looked like a place from the future, Sheng City looked like a place from the past, meaning the city was completely ordinary.

There were no skyscrapers or modern paved roads or even cool-looking streetlamps. To be honest, the city looked more like a really big village.

And within this rather massive village city was a tall temple. It was probably the only thing there that stood out from the rest of the place, which was the entire point.

Inside this temple, there were five individuals sitting at a table in what appeared to be a guest room of sorts. These five individuals were the rulers of Sheng City. They were the five Demon Lords.

"Finally, that bastard finally croaked," One of the Demon Lords said. "To think that poison took so long to actually kill him."

"He was the Jade Emperor, Rokuro," Another Demon lord spoke up. "It's not surprising he lasted this long. Let's just be glad the poison worked."

"I guess that means we move on to the next phase of our plan, yes?"

"No, it's too early for that, Yama. We still have those twelve clan heads to deal with."

"I agree with Yuto on this. The twelve clan heads should be dealt with before we proceed our invasion on the city."

"Indeed..."

The five demon lords continued talking of their plans. The one named Rokuro was a monkey-folk with slicked-back blond hair and a monkey tail to go with it.

He also went by the title, the Great Sage of Ventilation. He went by this title due to his enhanced hearing ability and control over the wind, allowing him to hear where the wind blows. His main job in the group is to gather information concerning anything related to the Jade Emperor or the twelve families.

The demon lord next to him was a bird-folk named Yuto. He had beautiful black wings protruding from his back. He had short black hair that fitted his masculine features.

This Demon Lord went by the title, The Great Sage of Huntian, for he was the ruler of the sky. He was also the commander of the city's air force and controlled over five thousand flying soldiers.

The Demon Lord next to him was a muscular lion-folk who had wild and lush blond hair that looked similar to a lion's mane. This Demon Lord was Yama, who went by the title, The Great Sage who moves mountains. This Demon Lord was in control of the ground forces and had control over ten thousand soldiers.

The Demon Lord next to this one was a very peculiar one, for he looked the most mysterious out of the bunch. He wore an Onmyoji outfit along with a tall hat and a blank paper mask that covered the lower half of his face, to where you could only see his eyes.

This Demon Lord was named Gento who also went by the title, the Great Sage of Exorcism. Unlike Yama or Yuto, Gento didn't have control over an army. In fact, his job in the city was something along the lines of being this City's Onmyoji, which was an exorcist of sorts.

And although he didn't have an army, that didn't mean he had people that worked for him. Instead of being soldiers, they were fellow exorcists that had control over this city's shrine.