Chapter 35: Val's Day

The fourth day of the Festival has begun. It was the Goddess of Water, Val's day. I was curious as to what was in store for us today.

After three days during the festival week, I was able to obtain valuable information about my target, Drake Mirage. One of them being the fact that he's likely not working alone.

It seems that the adventurer I encountered Aedus's day was under a spell by a Psychic Magic-user. Considering that Drake was an illusionist, the possibility of him having psychic skills was pretty much low.

This means that he had an accomplice. Which made things even worse for us, since I still don't know what Drake is capable of. I know he uses Illusion Magic, but since he's the Child of the Trickster God, Fable, it's very likely he has more tricks up his sleeves, and I don't want to go after him blind.

He could have a Special Skill that'll give me trouble, so I need to get a look at his stats before I do anything drastic. Sadly, I haven't been able to find him, even with the help of [Map] and [Monitor].

Fortunately, I was able to figure out why I couldn't track him. Unfortunately, it was the worst possible reason, that being he was using an Elder Relic.

This led me to believe that he was working with Emilia and whoever else was in her little group. With this kind of information, I could be very close to finding Emilia and the rest and finally put an end to this game of chase.

After the Orc incident, any signs of Emilia were next to zero. No resurrected monsters with OP skills and stats or anything of the sort. I can understand why she isn't causing more trouble, though.

If she did another event like Korgan, she'll likely be caught sooner or later. Then again, sending in Drake was a mistake as well. Especially when she sent him after me.

Still, I have too many unknown factors right now. The first unknown factor is Drake's abilities. Without knowing what his stats are, I can't plan an attack yet. The second unknown factor is his partner.

Although I know his partner-in-crime is a Psychic User, depending on what skills that person has, I'll likely make an error and get caught. In fact, for all I know, the Psychic User could be a first-generation.

Amy wouldn't know about the first generations since she doesn't pay much attention to them. She didn't even know Zemmi was one, so I can get her help on this.

I could always talk to Zemmi about it, sadly, I can't. Ever since she left to do her personal stuff, I haven't been able to contact her. Which sucks since she could possibly tell me if the Psychic User was a first-generation.

So much for that plan, huh. Well, I won't let that stop me. It's not like I'm completely defenseless since I have a bunker full of Elder Knowledge.

In fact, I went down to the lab to work on a couple of projects that might help me. I would've gone to the library, but I can't use any of the Elder level spells yet. Even with [Absolute Domain], it wouldn't work out as I want.

That being said, once everyone was ready to go, I did the same drill and opened up a portal to the city. Once we arrived, the entire festival changed again.

Everything was blue. Blue decorations, blue outfits, and...why are people carrying buckets of water? As I looked at the all-blue décor, I saw a few people transporting buckets of water somewhere.

I was a little curious, but I held off. It was probably for some event happening tonight along with the dance. While ignoring the water buckets, we then strolled on to met up with Zami and the others.