Chapter 123: War of Askon Part 3

Meanwhile, in Sage City, the remaining demon lord is currently working on the spell that will release and bind the forbidden beast war. With him are Tamamo and Noctiluca who are assisting him in finishing the spell.

The trio was currently in the Training field of the Sage Temple, working on rectangular stone altar. On the ground that the altar was placed on, a magic circle with symbols on draw on it.

"The spell is almost ready," Tamamo said.

"Indeed," Gento smiled with his eyes.

"Next up will be the summoning spell to grab the Byakko Head, yes?" Noctiluca asked.

"Yes. Although it would be preferable to have one of the other demon lords to bring her to us, using a summoning spell will make things easier since she'll instantly be here for us to start."

As Gento explained this, they soon finished working on the spell that will release War from the Byakko Head. Once they were done, Noctiluca stopped working for a moment.

"I need to check up on my group, so I'll be right back."

"Don't be long, please," Gento told her.

"And don't think of running away, either, witch," Tamamo glared.

"I wouldn't dream of it since I would be dead the moment that happens," Noctiluca kept walking away without looking back.

Getting inside the temple, it didn't take long before the witch found her group. They were all sitting down with nothing to do.

"Well, would you look at this," Noctiluca smiled. "Here I am working my ass off in achieving our goal, and you guys are sitting on your asses."

"Tch..." Aarc couldn't say anything as he glared at Noctiluca for a moment.

"It's not like we would be of much use, anyway," Emilia stated.

"Besides," Lucian continued. "We're under watch so there's not much to do anyway."

Ever since Noctiluca and her group arrived here, other than the witch, the rest of the group hasn't been able to do much since they've been closely monitored. They couldn't even explore the palace in peace without having guards watching over them.

Even now, there were several of the Demon Lords' soldiers watching over the group, to make sure they don't cause any trouble. Because of that, Lucian and the others believed it would be best to just stay put until things progressed smoothly.

"How's the spell going?" Aarc asked. "Are you guys ready to grab that Byakko girl now?"

"Yes, we plan on using a summoning spell to kidnap the Byakko Head in the middle of battle."

The place was to get the Byakko Head in the middle of the war, and since Sage city was a good distance away, none of the twelve heads should be able to make it to the city before they can release war.

"And what about the Champion?" Lucian asked.

"Ah, the newly appointed emperor? He's an anomaly, I'm afraid. Because that boy has the power of the first elder, I don't know what could happen."

Ever since Noctiluca found out that Damien was the vessel of the Chaos Elder, she has feared when they would meet again. Especially with how he reacted after hearing that she and the others were the cause behind the village massacre with the Child of Zerris.

"However," Noctiluca continued. "I do know that he's not as strong as the Elder. If he was, he would've found us by now and taken us down."

"Hmm," Lucian pondered.