Chapter 21: Elder Magic

I grabbed a random grimoire that looked interesting then went over to a table to read it. Emma followed me and watched as I read my book. It was a little creepy, so I told her to head to the mansion to help clean up.

If I had any problems, I would call her through comms. Since she wasn't human, [Telepathy] didn't work on her, so we resorted to earpiece comms to communicate with one another. Once again, I was amazed by how well prepared and resourceful Desmond was.

Once Emma was gone, I started reading the Grimoire in question. The title of the book was called Willbinder. The contents of the book involved psychic magic spells, so it seemed I was in for a ride.

After maybe about an hour of reading, I got a lot of information out of just this one book. I don't really use psychic spells all that much, so I don't really know most of the spells besides the [Telepathy], [Mind Break], and [Sleep] spells. Most of the spells on this magic aren't all that offensive, but from what I read from the book, there were plenty of that.

I saw [False Pain] and  [Psychic Blast]. These spells actually seem pretty cool, so I wanted to test them out once I was finished reading. That was when I found two psychic spells that were beyond what I expected.

"[Telekinesis] and [Mind Reading]?" Those spells sound pretty good. I know what both of them were, so I could get a good basis of what they could do.

I wanted to go ahead and try out the spells, but I didn't want to keep going back and forth reading and testing the spells, so I held off for now. Let's at least read a couple more books before I do my experiments.

Two days have passed, and I've read enough books with various spells to start doing some tests. I was currently on the bottom floor in the open space where those Elder Knights were.

I was setting up some rock dummies to do my tests. Most of the spells I learned were offensive based, so I used the dummies for target practice. I wasn't sure what to expect from the spells except for how destructive they were going to be.

Those first-generations were powerful people. Some of the spells I read about could be called natural disasters because of how devastating they were, so I was looking forward to the results. I'm starting to think that the gods did the world a favor getting rid of them, but I'd rather not speak ill of the dead, so I'll stay quiet.

Anyway, it was time to test out the ancient elder spells. The spells that I learned were [Twin Dragon Blaze], [Meteor Barrage], [Black Hole], [Telekinesis], [Mind Reading], [Raging Tsunami], [Blizzard], [Blazing Phoenix], [Combust], [Water Serpent], and [Petrify].

The majority of the spells are fire spells like [Twin Dragon Blaze], [Meteor Barrage], [Blazing Phoenix], and [Combust]. The Psychic spells were [Telekinesis] and [Mind Reading]; The space magic spell was only [Black hole]; the water spells were [Raging Tsunami], [Blizzard], and [Water Serpent]; and the only earth spell was [Petrify].

Now, the majority of the spells listed won't be used in the experiments. This is mainly because of how dangerous they are. Like [Meteor Barrage], [Raging Tsunami], and [Black hole].

[Meteor Barrage] summons a huge number of meteorites from the sky and send them down to the planet. The damage this spell causes can easily decimate a city because of the amount of meteorites sent down the planet. So yeah, can't really use this spell unless I'm in a desert or something.

The same can apply to [Raging Tsunami], which...I'm pretty sure the name is self-explanatory, so I'll save you the trouble. That spell could also destroy a city, so using it was a no-go as well.

Lastly was [Black Hole]. Again, the name, especially this one, should be self-explanatory, so describing it would be pointless.

Geez, I didn't think the first-generation would be so powerful. Even using one of these spells will cause some major damage. I'm pretty sure that only a couple of the spells I learned about won't cause too much damage like [Telekinesis] or [Mind Reading].