Chapter 62: Progress and Ancient Beasts

"I'm not making much progress, huh?" I muttered to myself.

I took a look at my status and noticed little to no change to my stats since the attack on the village. I was struggling to raise my stats, but after that incident at the village, my stats rose up.

Sadly, I'm really close to maxing my stats out, but I can't seem to raise it any higher. It's honestly annoying how close I am to my goal, yet I'm making zero progress in finally reach it.

Name: Damien Crow
Race: ???
Age: 15
Class: None
Level: 150

STR: 9,380,199
DEF: 9,567,090
AGI: 9,786,008
RES: 9,498,798

Skills: [Appraisal], [False Status], [Detection], [Hand-to-Hand Combat], [Fire Magic], [Water Magic], [Earth Magic], [Wind Magic], [Arcane Magic], [Shadow Step], [Assassination Arts: Intermediate], [Iron Skin], [Lightning Magic], [Dark Magic], [Light Magic], [Swift Reflex], [Blink], [Terror Gaze], [Godly Magic Dampening Web], [Webbing], [Danger Sense], [Intense Blood Lust], [Weapons Mastery], [Map], [Monitor], [Possess], [Astral Projection], [Animate], [Diagnose], [Scan], [Empathy], [Thought Acceleration], [Phasing], [Delay], [Penance], [Solidify], [Liquify]

Special Skills: [Zerris's Blessing], [Absolute Domain]

Titles:[Child of Zerris], [The Dark Champion], [Other-Worlder], [Merciless One],[Goblin Slayer] , [King Killer], [Ogre Slayer], [Maniacal Demon], [Savior],[Vampire Slayer], [King of Spiders], [Ruler of Death], [The Evil Showman],[Twin of Destruction's Lover], [Bandit Hunter], [The Vengeful Spirit] [ThePhantom of the Night], [The Man in White], [Miracle Doctor], and [HeavenlySaint], [Enemy of the Light], 

Seriously, they look exactly the same as before. No matter what monsters I kill or how many I can kill, I can't even raise my stats by a single point.

"Man, this is so annoying," I sighed, closing my status window.

{Maybe our stats went up when you went berserk?} Alpha posed a theory about how my stats might have raised up.

That's definitely a good theory. Especially when I witnessed something similar after my fight with Kenos. When I gained control over Kenos, my stats went up a lot.

When Amy's sister stabbed me with her sword, Kenos stepped in and gave me some of her power. That's when I was overwhelmed with power and went for round two.

Afterward, my stats went up. Which means, I need to get a power-up by Kenos to raise my stats. However, when I came to this conclusion, I decided against it.

The reason why is because after Kenos gave me a power boost, I suffered a bit of a backlash after my fight, causing me to pass out from the strain. Plus, apparently, Kenos giving me a boost a second time would actually do more harm.

Thanks to that, I can't rely on Kenos's help on quickly gaining full control of [Absolute Domain]. Which brings me back to square one. This was beyond annoying to me.

To make matters worse, my stats were the least of my problems. Aside from that, I had other things to deal with. One of them being my search for that goblin bastard Aarc.

I haven't made much progress in looking for him for a while now. As my persona, Alastor, I've been raiding his base of operations along with his other crime boss friends, but I haven't come up with anything to show for it.

Just for more places where he operates and more dead ends. When I find that little bastard, I'm going to make him pay for wasting my time like this. Just you wait...