Chapter 63: The Drunk Dragon

"Wooow! We're so high up!" Lilith looked out the window to see us high in the air as we traveled to the Dragon Kingdom.

We were currently in Desmond's aircraft called "The Quin" and flying over to the Dragon Kingdom on the request of The Dragon King himself. I didn't know the details, but it might have to do with Zemmi since I see no other reason to get me of all people involved.

"Careful, Lilith," Thana scolded Lilith while still holding onto her. "You need to remain seated, okay?"

"Okay~!" Lilith followed her instructions and sat firmly in Thana's lap.

"You like the view, Lilith?" I asked from the passenger seat up next to Emma, who was currently flying us.

"Uh-huh!" Lilith violently nodded her head. "It looks cool!"

"I see," I was glad that Lilith was enjoying herself.

After I agreed to visit the Dragon Kingdom, I opened up a portal back to the mansion to fulfill Thana's request. Her request was instead of us flying there via Magic, we would use The Quin to get there. She also wanted Lilith to join us.

Other than me, Lilith felt comfortable around Thana. It's probably because they both know what it's like to lose family and feel guilty about it. She even sleeps with Thana sometimes.

I'm just glad that Lilith has people like us to help her through this. Thana didn't really have something like that, so she turned out like the other Children of Zerris. And one of the most dangerous ones, at that.

I sometimes wonder what would've happened if I let Lilith get revenge. Would she end up like Thana and become a very dangerous enemy to people, or would she just give up on that and try to live a normal life with us.

I didn't know the answer, but I do know that although various things happened during the village raid, I know that the choice I made was the only one I could make. After all, I made a promise to her parents, and I couldn't allow Lilith to end up like Thana or me.

She had to be different from us. She needed to be different from us.

While Lilith and Thana were enjoying themselves, I looked ahead of us as we entered a vast desert area. There was nothing but sand as far as the eye can see.

The Dragon Kingdom was located west of the Thurmore Kingdom. In fact, it's not next to the Thurmore Kingdom...but the Amarian Kingdom. They were apparently neighbors.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Due to my uncontrollable hatred for them, did I have to endure while we flew over enemy territory? Nope. I couldn't take the risk of being overwhelmed so I instructed Emma to fly us over the ocean south of Thurmore, so we can avoid the Amarian Kingdom at all cost.

I knew that if I was anywhere near the Kingdom, I'd lose my mind and start killing those bastards. The worst part is, part of me wanted that to happen. I wanted to let loose and kill all those who angered me.

I couldn't risk it, though. It was too dangerous, even for me. If I could use [Absolute Domain] at full power, then it might've been a different story, which is why I'm somewhat relieved I don't have that skill fully awakened yet.

"It's like a sea of sand..." I muttered as I gazed out the window. It was like we were passing through a sea made entirely of sand.

"This Desert was known as the Dragon Desert, which made this area the Dragon species territory," Emma explained. "Anyone who enters this desert will be noticed by the dragons and depending on if that person is a threat or ally, someone from the dragon species will investigate."