Chapter 104: The Tournament Part 3

We were now onto the third day of the tournament. Yesterday's tournament matches were pretty cool to see, so today might be even better.

The last matches were really something to behold. Not only did I witness how powerful the future heads were, but I also saw just how dangerous they can be.

Other than Tora, the other future heads I need to look out for are people like Ichika, Makoto, Fuyuko, and even Towa. And let's not forget the Guardians. Those guys were just as dangerous.

This entire island was filled with powerhouses. I feel like an ant roaming around the home of giants, fearing that I'll get stepped on at any moment by any of them.

While my family and I were heading off to our seats for the tournament, we ran into a couple of the contestants we knew of. It was Makoto and the rest of his group. There was Makoto, Ichika, Fuyuko, Taichi, and Towa.

"Yo, Damien," Makoto called out to us when we spotted them.

"Hey," I decided to go talk to them while the rest of my group went over to their seats.

"How did you like the fights yesterday?" Ichika asked.

"It was definitely interesting to watch." And terrifying, but I kept that part to myself.

"Monkey boy and I are the remaining contestants in this group," Fuyuko stated. "I'm curious if him and I will be facing off against one another."

"Heh! We both know who will win," Makoto puffed out his chest, acting proud.

Now that would be a good match I'd like to see. Considering how powerful these two are, I'm curious as to who would win. Makoto seems like the most likely winner, but Fuyuko is up there too.

I guess we'll find out soon.

"You did a good job out there, Towa," I praised the pup, who looked at me in surprise.

"I-I didn't do much..." Towa acted shy after I praised him. I noticed his wolf ears were twitching, which was kind of cute.

"Come on, little pup," Makoto smacked Towa's back. "No need to be modest! You almost gave me a run for my money. You did a lot better than the last time we fought at the tournament."

"What happened the last time?" I asked.

"Makoto and Towa fought one another in the last tournament, and Makoto more or less..." Fuyuko trailed off.

"Makoto mopped the floor with Towa," Ichika bluntly finished, causing Towa to flinch, and having his wolf ears drooped down.

"I-I mean, it wasn't that bad..." Fuyuko tried to defend Towa.

"Makoto kept smacking Towa with his staff and then cloned himself and kept whacking him from all directions. He didn't even have the time or opportunity to fight back."

If those words were knives, they would be piercing through Towa with each sentence. It got to the point where Towa was completely crouched down and sulking.

Makoto just whistled and looked around, trying not to get involved. Taichi more or less tried to comfort Towa, but it didn't seem to be helping.

"W-well, the important thing is he improved and got Makoto to sweat a little," Fuyuko declared. "You did a good job, Towa."

"I agree with Fuyuko," I stated. "You shouldn't be ashamed of what happened in the past, since you were able to improve yourself, Towa."

At this, Towa looked up at me with his usual puppy dog eyes. I guess my words moved him.