Chapter 56: The Invasion Finale

How did it end up like this?

Jophiel had no idea how things escalated so quickly. he first found out about the black vortex when he was in the heavenly realm and saw it pierce through it without any warning.

Next, the entire heavenly realm was in chaos. There was a powerful surge of negativity coursing through the realm, causing the angels and souls in the afterlife to panic.

To make matters worse, what happened in the mortal realm happened in the heavenly one. The clouds they walked on turned black, and the very sky turned blood red. And the negative energy was pulsing around the heavenly world.

It was like the black vortex was corrupting the place. Turning it into some nasty and disgusting. No one knew how this whole situation occurred until they found out that it was related to the invasion of a certain village in the Thurmore Kingdom.

A small army of Amarian soldiers was marching over the village, being lead by Archbishop Darron. Considering that they were breaking the oath made after the War of the Gods, some of the angels and archangels were confused as to what they were doing.

They tried to get a better look, but unlike in the Amarian Kingdom, the angels and archangels can't really see much in the heavenly realm without having to go down there themselves.

After a little while after seeing the army march over to the village, a huge black pillar appeared and shot right through their home. And that's when the chaos all started.

After a bit of digging, they realized that the source of the black pillar was from the Champion of Darkness. Although they now know the cause, they don't know the full story.

Some of the angels wanted to send some men down to take down the Champion, but that would lead to some altercations with the goddess of darkness, so they decided to figure out the whole story before going to war.

That's when they decided to send Jophiel down. Out of most of the archangels (there are seven of them, by the way), Jophiel spent the most time down there.

He was far more knowledgeable about the kingdom's structure than the others, so they sent him down to handle the situation. The plan was that Jophiel would get some of the cardinals and head over to where the Champion was.

Since they know Archbishop Darron was involved, they knew they had to take him in. However, when they arrived and tried to apprehend them, the Champion got in the way.

He told Jophiel and the other cardinals that Darron was responsible for destroying a village that he was affiliated with. Not only that, but it seemed like instead of going after the Champion, Darron's sights were on the Child of Zerris.

It was then said by Archbishop Darron that the Child of Zerris was the offspring to the traitor Ethan Cadell and that spy from the Helsing Kingdom Sarah Hill. Although Jophiel doesn't know much about the situation, he was at least aware that it caused a big commotion.

Ethan Cadell was the second lieutenant of the Amarian Army. He was highly recognized for his accomplishments and it was said that he had a future position as Captain of his own portion of the Amarian military if he kept it up.

However, all that went downhill after he escaped with a prisoner and was never seen again. This caused a bit of turmoil with the Helsing Kingdom, but neither the traitor and the spy were found in either country.

No one knew where they were, but the Amarian people wanted the traitor and spy executed once they were found. It was bad enough that a spy was in their land, but with one of their own betraying them, it turned for the worse.