Chapter 109: The New Emperor And Pressing Issues

My body feels heavy...

As I slowly opened my eyes, I found myself looking at an unfamiliar ceiling. As I looked around, I heard voices.

"Master's up!"

"Big bro!"

"Boss!"

"Damien!"

I heard the voices of my family. Then, they started rushing over to me with worried expressions.

"Are you okay, master?" Arri asked with haste.

"Does anything hurt?" Maram pressed.

"Are ya hungry, boss?" Ukwtakun suspiciously asked.

As I was getting swarmed, I tried my best to get everyone to give me some space.

"I'm fine..." I said, straining my body.

Honestly speaking, my body was a wreck. It felt like that time I unlocked [Absolute Domain] and fought Cerridwen. My body was in tatters, and I didn't wake up for a month or so.

Speaking of which...

"How long was I out?"

"About five days," Vlad answered.

Five days, huh? I guess I should count myself lucky. If it was like last time, I would've been in a coma for a month again.

As I sat up on the bed, the pain kept coursing through my body. I winced in pain, alarming my family.

"D-don't try to move so much!" Amy said, casting a healing spell on me.

The pain lessened a bit, but it was still there. I hate that this keeps happening to me every time I use [Absolute Domain] at full power.

"Tch, that damn seer..." Arri cursed. "Putting master's life at risk like that."

"If it were possible, I would stab her repeatedly," Thana grumbled.

Hmm, it seems like everyone's mad about what happened at the tournament. Not that I blame them, since I'm the same.

Although I don't remember much, I do remember getting hit by that attack from that gold-haired bastard. Then I blacked out and woke back up soon after and fought them.

I also remember killing the silver-haired one but wasn't able to do the same to Goldie. He managed to escape with one of those damn paper charms that everyone uses here.

Everything after that though was a blur. I think I do remember one thing while I was blacking out.

I think it had something to do with the Jade Emperor...oh, crap.

I remember now...that loli hag said I was the new Jade Emperor!

"Damn her...ngh!" Because I was agitated from remembering that, I moved carelessly and strained my body more.

"M-master, please don't move so much...!" Amy pleaded, continuously casting healing magic.

She looked desperate when she cast the spell, almost as if she was worried that her spell wasn't enough to help me.

Placing my hand on Amy, I talked to her gently. "I'm good for now, Amy, so you should take a break."

"O-okay..." Although Amy followed my order, I could tell she didn't like it.

She was definitely worried about me. Or maybe that she feels she's not doing enough to help me out. Even without using [Empathy] on her, I could tell she was frustrated with herself.