Chapter 24

While you're walking down the stairs you hear Max talking with someone...But you couldn't identify that person from upstairs. As you stood in the door frame of the kitchen you see Charles standing in the kitchen besides Max.

Max:" Morning Sweetie...you slept well?"
Y/n:" Mmh...Hey Charles, what do you want hear?"

Meanwhile you're saying that you go to Max to kiss him. But Max does turn away and looks worried about you.

Charles:" Hey Y/n. Nice to see you too. But what is going on between you two? I thought you two are getting married? Or did this change since yesterday?"
Y/n:" Normally not, but I don't know either Charles. I'm still wearing that big diamant on my finger... But I don't know what problem Mr. Verstappen had come up with...? "

Now you stand right besides Charles, so you two face Max. You just stand there and stare at him.

Max:" Nothing's wrong. I just wondered why you where so disappeared while you answered me...but that's not important now. Charles just wanted to leave, don't you?"
Charles:" Yeah, Charlotte waits for me at home. We wanted to get breakfast after I'm back home so... See you guys! "

You and Max say bye to Charles and turn back to the kitchen, where Max prepares a bit of breakfast for the two of you.

Max:" Soooo... Sweetie? What was wrong when you saw Charles standing in the kitchen earlier? "
Y/n:" I was just curious about why he was here not more."

Max does not believe you in any way. You notice that...

Y/n:" Okay you're right! You remember our first date. The evening you found me at the hotel lobby. The evening Charles wanted to take me out on a date. But you remember he didn't appeared, so the thing between us two happened. And I'm grateful for all this. But since that... "
Max:"... You don't want to see Charles, do you? "

You just nod and Max hugs you. He understands it.
You two had your little breakfast and went for a run at Monacos waterfront. You two enjoyed the time in private. Back at Max his apartment you two get a shower and lay down at the couch to make a relaxing movie afternoon. In the evening you ordered food and went to bed. Because in the morning you'll have to wake up early to get ready, pack your suitcases and head to the airport.

...to be continued...