Chapter 60

Max is the WORLD CHAMPION 2022
You couldn't believe it. Nobody could believe it. Even the fans in the stands couldn't believe it. What Max has accomplished. He didn't become world champion just like that.... No... He managed to overtake Lewis in the last few hundred meters to take the victory and win the championship.

When Max drove the last two laps to let everyone through the finish and to slow down, you talked to him through the team radio.

Max couldn't believe it either. When the time finally came, he got out of the car. He stands on it and raises his arms in jubilation. He gets down from the car and leans his head against his rear right tire. He was overjoyed.

Then Max takes off running. With a lot of speed he runs towards you and lifts you up. You turn. The moment he sets you down you kiss max on the helmet.
Max only has to go to the weigh-in. Then Max goes into the room where the top three are waiting for the award ceremony, the cool-down room.
You wait there with max for the award ceremony because you have been chosen to accept and collect the trophy for team red bull.

You had to go up to stand. So you give max one last kiss until you see each other again.

You think to yourself that it is good that there is no alcohol in the champagne, because you are pregnant, but no one knows it yet and no one should know it yet.

Arrived at the top of the winner's podium, the three best are called one after the other. As soon as everyone was finally standing, the Dutch national anthem started. This was followed by the British anthem once again because of the team.
Then there was a short silence. And off we went... The champagne shower could begin.

It was so much fun for you that you didn't want to stop.
When it was over max had to go to some interviews. So you drove up to the hotel.

...to be continued...