❄️Natsuo🔥

After a week of brutal training, we were getting faster, but not enough to save someone before Endeavor could. His lessons used to focus on speed and agility. His lessons now were really different than what he originally taught me. Last time, I was actually able to save people, but now, I'm in a constant race with guys who are faster and stronger than me. Maybe he went easy on me last time, or maybe something has changed. Something that's putting him on edge. After a long day, we took a breather on top of a building. It was our last day in the agency and we had to go back to the dorms tonight. We still never managed to save anyone on our own. Once Endeavor yelled "Let's go!", we rushed back to the agency and changed into our school uniforms before heading to the Todoroki house. Fuyumi had invited all of us to dinner and we didn't tell Bakugo and Midoriya. We went in and were greeted by Fuyumi. Midoriya excitedly greeted her back and apologized for hurting Shoto during the sports festival.

"It was a match, so it's fine, Midoriya." Said Shoto. We all followed Fuyumi to the dining room and sat down with her and Natsuo. The air was tense as Natsuo and Endeavor made eye contact, but they sat far apart to avoid each other. As we talked about the delicious food Fuyumi made, she added that Natsuo and her used to take turns cooking when their housekeeper retired. "Then I ate your food too?" Shoto asked Natsuo.

"Oh, I'm not sure." He responded. "My food was heavily seasoned, so Endeavor might've stopped you, saying "Don't eat stuff like this."" He glared at Endeavor and the air became tense again.

"I didn't even realize." Said Endeavor. "Next time, I want to eat Natsuo's cooking too."

"Thanks for the meal." Said Natsuo before getting up. "I came. That's enough, right? Sorry sis, I can't do this." He left the room before closing the door and I looked at Bakugo and Midoriya as they desperately tried to mind their businesses. After dinner, we all helped clean up. I washed the dishes with Endeavor while the others cleaned the dining room. It was silent between us for a while, but I could see that he was just sad.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yea. Just thinking... Since you'll all be going back tonight, we need to talk about your quirk."

"What about it?"

"I've never actually seen you use your blue flames. I know you have it, but only because other people told me. Why didn't you-?"

"I've only really used them in confined spaces. I can control it, but I don't want to use it with other people around. They're incredibly hot, so I wouldn't want to accidentally burn someone... So, I think my regular flames should be fine for now."

"You'll never reach your full potential if you keep holding back. You do that a lot even with your regular flames. During the first work study, you were great at keeping up with me... Now, you often stay behind the boys. Matching their speeds instead."

"I know. I just really don't wanna burn anyone."

"That'll be our goal for you during the work study. We're gonna work on your use of both flames... I'm gonna take the desserts to the table. Can you finish up here?"

"No problem." I responded. After I finished, I watched Fuyumi walk into the kitchen and she awkwardly made eye contact with me.

"I was hoping we could talk." She said while walking closer. "I'm sorry about everything I did and said. I think I freaked out because you guys are so much younger than me and are having sex... It's a little weird in my opinion because I waited until I became an adult and you- didn't... I'm sorry. That came out wrong."

"I love Shoto." She stared at me curiously and I breathed out deeply before being completely honest with her. "Yes, I'm just a stupid and irresponsible kid, but I love him! So much that if he left me, I'd never be the same. It's the kind of love that feels so good, but when it ends, it hurts so bad... Maybe it feels this way because I'm a kid, but I never want it to end. I don't want to keep trying to prove to everyone how serious I am about him, but I will if I have to... I want you to know that I plan on marrying him some day... and I'll have his kids!"