She Knew

Ryan POV

  I fluffed my curls, and fixed my black short romper. Looking in the mirror, I tried to fake a smile as I would be going back to school.

   I was being forced now that my mother was back, she didn't believe my story about me having a stomach bug.

   Grabbing my bookbag, I put my computer in the holder and grabbed my phone and my keys. I passed my moms room, and blew her a kiss as she laid passed out on the bed.

    Heading out, I quickly walked past Maurices house and too school.

   It didn't take long, but I smirked as I heard his car arriving the same time as I turned on to the school campus. Lori waved me as they rode by and I smiled back.

I spotted Mccoy and my smile immediately dropped as he looked at me. Throwing my head down, I felt my anxiety skyrocket.

Practically running, I made my way quickly to my locker, putting my books in and I noticed my hands were shaking.

     I grabbed the hand that was shaking, trying to relax it. I took a heavy breath and I did my best to settle my heart. Opening my eyes slowly I felt myself relax.

Mccoy:..Ryan." he said, making me jump. I backed into my locker as, him, Derrick and Jay stood infront of me.

Mccoy:..can we talk." he said kindly. I felt my heart beating out of my chest as I looked and saw none of my friends.

Mccoy: please?" he said, grabbing my arm.

Me: Please don't." I panicked as I yanked away.

Mccoy: maybe we could talk away from everyone-."

Me: Mccoy, get away from me." I snapped. He gritted his teeth as I held my composure.

Mccoy: I don't think you heard me Ryan." he snarled.

Maurice: nah she did." he snapped, stepping infront of me. Lori pulled me slowly behind her as Maurice stood infront of us both.

Mccoy: Look, the noble Maurice is here to save the day." he laughed. Derrick and Myles laughed as well as Jay just smirked at us.

Maurice: be very careful, I could beat yo ass right here, right now." he snarled.

Mccoy: for Ryan??" he laughed harder.

Mccoy: oh wait, you mean Lori?" he smirked. Maurice stepped closer as he said her name.

Mccoy: chill bro, it was a joke." he smirked. Dion and Splain stood close behind Mccoy as they watched Maurice carefully.

Maurice: take the opportunity and get on." he snarled. Mccoy slowly turned his head and smiled as the rest of the boys slowly approached.

Mccoy: fine, but you're standing up for the wrong reason, you don't even know what happened." he snarled.

Maurice: I do know what happened, Ryan wouldn't lie." he spit.

Mccoy: I ain't talking about Ryan." he said, silencing us. Taking a toothpick, he placed it between his teeth and smiled at me as the toothpick laid on his lips. Waving his boys out, he walked away and pushed past Splain and Dion.

Lori: are you okay?' she said, turning me to her.

Me: ye-yeah I am." I said as I took a deep breath.

Maurice: get your books, we will walk with you to class." he said.

  I smiled small at him and watched as Lori helped me. It was very surprising, her kindness. She closed my locker and handed me my books.

Lori: aight I'm off to class. Love you." she said to Maurice.