Red Roses

Ryan POV

Senia: this is great! Oh my god we have to go shopping for matching PJS and bathing suits!"

Me: matching PJS?" I giggled.

Senia: duhh, the hotel we are staying at has a pool."

Me: how would you know that." I said rolling over to my back.

Senia: because our last field trip there was a huge pool."

Me: well, I have more than enough bathing suits, but matching PJS I can comply." I said.

I heard her squeal and clap her hands together as I agreed to this form of torutre.

Me: when did you want to go?" I said.

Senia: how about tomorrow after class? I can call the girls and we can go after."

Me: what about the boys practice?"

Senia: girl they'll be alright." she said, fanning her off.

Me: Nia, I never seen Maurice practice before. I want to see him."

Senia: oh that's right, he was telling Dion he really wants you to come to one, so we can stay for their practice then go to the mall afterwards." she said. I blushed as I rolled over and looked at the clock. It was 5:30 am, and I sighed as me and Nia had been on the phone all night.

Me: You know we have class in about 3 hours." I said. I heard her suck her teeth and rollover on her bed.

Senia: Yeah, I guess we should try and get some sleep." she said. I nodded as I placed her on speaker as I crawled into bed.

Senia: well bestie, I will see you later this morning."

Me: okay love you."

Senia: love you."

She hung up the phone as I plugged my phone in the charger. Rolling over, I laid on my back as I stared at the ceiling. Before I knew it the sun was coming up and my alarm clock was blasting in my room.

Sighing I turned it over as I sat up. Heading for the showers I quickly brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower.

Making sure I washed up good, I hopped up and dried off. A wave of fatigue hit me as I started to blow dry my hair.

Looking in my closet I grabbed a black crop shirt and some tan shorts. Lotioning up, I got dressed and grabbed my bookbag as I packed it up.

I was starting to regret staying up with Senia as I headed down the steps. Looking down at the time, I didn't even panic as I was a little behind.

Opening the door, I looked down at a basket of roses. They were gorgeous as a white card stuck out the top.

Frowning, I took the card and opened it. Maurice honked his horn but I ignored him as I read it.

Thank you for an amazing service, maybe you can cook another meal for me..just me.

-James

I raised my eyebrows at my moms gift as I slowly placed it down. Making sure it was neat I carefully stepped over them and got into Maurice's car.

Maurice: who the hell sending you flowers?" he said, reversing out of my driveway.

Me: this boy from my last school." I teased.

Maurice: oh yea?"

Me: yeah he asked me on a date I think I should go." I giggled. He looked over at me before looking at the road.