Easy Day

Ryan POV

I sat on the bleachers as I watched him practice. I had to say he played so much better than how he looked on his highlights that day.

He was smart, and he was very fast. I could see why recruits were already looking at him.

Coach Stargell: Aight, one more play and y'all are done." he said.

I watched as they started over from the top, as Nique came back to the bleachers. Maurice and Dion ran down the field together as Dion protected Maurice to the touchdown line. I smiled as they went into and danced as they made a point.

Coach Stargell: Jordan you need to stay on them!" he yelled as Jordan flipped them off.

Coach Stargell: alright bring it in." he said waving them in. They ran into the coach and huddled around him as he talked to them.

Maurice grabbed his water bottle and gulped it down quickly. His curls were still fluffy but on the ends they were dripping from his sweat.

His body glistened as the sun reflected his sweat. His silver chain around his neck hung as he paced himself back and forth.

I could see why the girls came to practice now. He looked amazing.

Coach Stargell: same time tomorrow boys!" he called, making me frown.

I hopped down the bleachers and came to the gate as Maurice leaned over it. He drank his water as I walked over to him.

Maurice: you came." he smiled as he got done drinking his water.

Me: I did, I am happy I did." I said.

I wasn't supposed to be here today. My mom needed help but she canceled on me suddenly, so I was able to stay at school to see his practice.

Maurice: yo mom must aint need help?" he said over the gate.

Me: no she said she had it covered." I smiled.

Me: you looked good out there." I complimented. He smirked and came around the gate as his hair covered his face.

Maurice: thank you babygirl." he said, grabbing his bag.

Me: I think you were showing off but maybe you weren't." I teased. He smirked as he slung his bag on his shoulder.

Maurice: aight nigga." he said fist pounding one of his teammates.

Maurice: I don't have to show off to get your attention, I got it." he said, biting his mouth guard. I blushed as he confidently kissed my cheek.

Me: yea yea." I fanned off. We walked to the car as the boys said goodbye.

Getting in, I covered my nose as his sweaty smell was trapped with us.

Maurice: damn it aint that bad." he laughed.

Me: no it's not I was just kidding." I laughed as I uncovered my nose. He pulled off and rolled the windows down making me laugh hard.

Me: Reese I was kidding." I laughed as he drove home.

Maurice: nah hell nah, you made me feel a way so we gone have the windows down. '' he said firmly.

I laughed as we pulled into a Wendy's drive through, we pulled up behind a car and as he dug in his middle compartment for some money.

He pulled out a 20 as the car in front of us pulled forward.

Maurice: what you want?" he said as we could see the menu. I have learned now not to say no when he asked me so I looked at the menu and picked my order.