Pretty In White

Ryan POV

I turned in the mirror as I fixed my cameltoe in my body suit. Senia told me to dress nicely, so I grabbed one of my two piece pants sets that sat at the top of my closet. Even though we would be outside, I decided to flat iron my hair anyway.

I slipped on some plain sandals and smiled at my fresh pedicure. Stepping back, I rubbed my hands down my sides in satisfaction with how I looked.

Happy, I sprayed myself with the vanilla perfume I bought not too long ago, before turning the lights out.

I grabbed my bag and a blanket and small pillow, before turning my lights out and leaving my room. I jogged down the steps were my mother was by the counter.

Mom: don't you look cute, you sure you wanna wear that in the grass?"

Me: Senia has her dad's truck, so we will be laying in there." I said.

She nodded as I walked over to the counter.

Mom: before we go, your gonna need these." she said, making me roll my eyes. She put pepper spray, a flashlight, bug spray and some extra money on the counter.

Me: momm...." I groaned as she stuffed them in my bag.

Mom: don't do that, you need this since your gonna be outside and you need the money so you can eat whatever they got there." she sighed. She grabbed her car keys and I followed her out to the car. I put the GPS in her phone and plugged it up to the car for her as she backed out.

Mom: you know, you need to start getting a job if you plan on going out like this with your friends." she said as we got on the highway.

Me: I'll start looking for places to work soon then." I said. She gave me the thumbs up, before turning up her old people's music and dancing to it.

I looked out the window as my mind drifted to Maurice, he stopped trying to call last night, and I guess he was giving me my space. I didn't want him to, for some reason I wanted him to keep calling me, it at least gave me the sense that he cared.

Mom: damn this in the country!" she said as we turned onto a narrow hallway. It was pretty dark over here, and it was only 6:00.

We drove past many open fields before stopping slowly at a car pool. I looked out the window as some people were hopping out of their cars and walking past the line. As we got closer I saw the entrance to the outdoor movie and realized that I had to get out.

Me: I should get out now." I said, grabbing my blanket and pillow.

Mom: we are not even there Ryan."

Me: yeah, but cars are only allowed if you're staying and you're not, so I gotta walk ma." I said. A few other people walked past me and I pointed at them as an example.

Mom: okay, be careful Ryan." she said. I dropped my bag over my arm, before leaning over and kissing her cheek.

Mom: who's taking you back?'

Me: Senia." I said hopping out.

Mom: okay, love you!" she called as I held the door.

Me: Love you to." I said closing the door. I grabbed the flashlight out of my bag and turned it on as I followed the people walking inside. There was a line for the people who were on foot and I called Senia as I stood on it.

Senia: you here?" she said excitedly.

Me: yea, I'm on line."

Senia: oh wait no, I already told the guy to let you walk past. Here I come." she said.