Movie Night

Maurice POV

Dion: Man how much did you think it cost?" he said as he laid the weed on the table.

Me: man I don't know." I shrugged, as my screen door opened.

Jordan: yo yo!" he called, coming in with China. They placed their bags down by the foyer as they came in.

Jordan: so did you guys figure out what movie you wanted to see?" he said as he sat at the table.

Me: shidd, nah. The ladies suppose to pick." I said rolling myself one.

Dion: oh hell nah, they not going to decide fast enough." he complained as he looked at Senia.

Senia: um excuse me, but we can make a quick and easy decision." she said, folding her arms.

Me: aight well start looking because we should get tickets when everyone gets here."

Senia: okay." she said sitting down. I looked out the window at Ryan's house as she still hadn't come out yet. I meant what I said earlier, I wanted her to know that I was helping her out because I wanted to, not because I felt bad for her. She needed to know that she wasn't charity work, she was a friend, a best friend at that and she meant a lot.

Closing the window, I sat down at my island counter as Reggie and Jania came in. I raised my eyebrows as Senia made a face, making her blush.

Senia: see I knew it was only a matter of time." she teased as Reggie smirked. Jania blushed harder and hit Senia's arm.

Jania: girl be quiet." she said. Her and Senia laughed as my front door opened again.

Nique: Bow down! I have arrived." she said as Splain rolled his eyes.

Dion: yes massa." he entertained.

Me: there is no way in hell I am bowing down to you Nique." I said as she looked over at me. She scoffed and placed her bag down on my couch.

Jordan: so what movie?" he asked this time.

Senia:..well there is the Candyman, we can see that." she shrugged as she scrolled on her phone.

China: isn't that scary nia?" she said as I looked out the window again.

Senia: yeah but all the other movies just seem boring." she sighed.

Jordan: man, Candyman won't be scary, you guys just scary." he said as I smirked.

I watched as I saw Ryan's front door open, I was relieved as she came out with her bag and her pillow.

I watched as she waved at her mother goodbye, before closing the blinds and heading to the front door.

Coming down the steps, I jogged up a bit on the trail as Ryan grew closer. She smiled at me as I grabbed her bag from her hands.

Me: I was almost afraid I was going to have to come and get you." I joked as she sighed.

Ryan: with how you checked me in the car today, I was going to make sure to get my ass over here." she joked back.

Me: good because I would have been on yo ass." I said. She laughed as we made it back to my house. She opened the door, and held it for me as I carried her stuff inside.

Me: it's about time." I said as everyone was here. I placed her bags down next to Nia's as she placed her pillow on top of it.

China: okay so Nia said CandyMan, but Nique said Ghostbusters Afterlife." she said.

Ryan: Ghostbusters Niq?" she giggled.

NIque: it is better than what this girl is trying to make us see." she said pointing at Senia.