School Sick

Ryan POV

Mom: I need you to stay today Ryan, I need these pies cooked today!" she said.

Me: but you can't stop me from going to school, I can leave early and meet you here at lunch!"

Mom: no Ryan! this is final!" she yelled. I sucked my teeth hard and stomped upstairs. I usually didn't give my mom a hard time with this, but I really wanted to go to school.

Odd right?

In truth, I just wanted to see Maurice.

I put on some comfy clothes and went downstairs with a different attitude. This was nothing different to me, I missed days of school all the time to help my mom with her business.

It was different now because I had actually made some solid friends, but my mom needed me. I stepped into the kitchen and sighed as she laid a few recipes infront of me.

Mom: I'll be home late again, please make sure you get these in the carriers so I can take them tomorrow." she said. I nodded and turned to the stove and sighed as she grabbed her cleaning stuff.

Mom: I really appreciate you Janae." she said using my middle name. She kissed my cheek and hurried out the front door. I looked at the time and saw that the first period was starting.

I imagined all of them wondering where I was at, and I sighed because I did want to be at school. I shook those thoughts out of my head and turned the stove on.

I began mixing the ingredients as the oven heated up. Making the first pie pretty quickly, I slid it in the oven and tasted the next one.

As the first one cooked, I got the second one ready for it to be baked.  I sat in the living room and turned the TV on low so I could hear the oven. Playing some old episodes of Survivor, I pulled the blanket over the my thighs as my phone buzzed uncontrollably.

Seniabenia💚: uh Ryan Janae wya?"

Niq🥰: yea bitch we was waiting for you?"

??: she prolly over slept."

Chinaaa💋: leave her be if she still sleep."

??: she need to get her big headed ass up."

??: she was at the crib late, prolly still sleep."

Nene: stfu Reg."

??: Jania watch yo mouth."

I laughed as I realized that they had put me in their group chat.

Me: i'm awake guys lol 😂."

Seniabenia💚: so why you ain't at school."

Dianana🤎: fr fr."

I hesitated before replying. I didn't want them to know that I was home..cooking pies.

Me: didn't feel well this morning 😩." I lied.

??: you aight?"

Nique🥰: Reese I know you heard her say she don't feel good."

??: get yo girl Splain🖕🏽."

Nique: 🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽."

Me: 😂, yea i'm alright."

??: aight good."

Me: who is who in the group chat, I have the girls numbers but I don't know who the boys are😬."