Finally..

Ryan POV

I watched the sun come up. Literally.

I watched it rise and steady itself in the sky. Today was my last day, my last day here. All the memories and all the friendships that I had made here were being left behind. Rolling over on the air mattress my mother blew up for me, I let a tear roll down my face.

I had not slept for the last few days, I couldn't. I was leaving and the more I thought about it, the more restless I became. Anytime me and mom moved before, I was ready to get out of there and move to the next city. This time, of course was different.

Sitting up, I rubbed my curls as my phone buzzed. Turning it over, I smiled small at the loving text from my friends in the group chat.

They all seemed happy, sending jokes and love my way. Maybe I was the only one sulking about my leave and maybe they were right. I needed to stop sulking and enjoy today with them before we left with Mr. James this evening.

Sliding out of bed, I headed to my bathroom sink and washed my face, brushing my teeth I practiced my smile in the mirror. Spitting my toothpaste out, I rinsed the sink with cold water before packing it in my toiletry bag. Leaning over my counter, I looked at myself in the mirror.

My eyes were dark, I had small bags under them from lack of sleep. They weren't too bad, but if you looked hard enough you could see them.

Gazing up to my matted curls, I pulled at them as they were tangled with one another. I had really let myself slip and it was all catching up to me.

Me: not today.." I mumbled as I looked myself in the eye. I was going to suck it up and be happy for my last day. Turning for the shower, I turned it on as I heard my mom come up the stairs.

Mom: Ryan sweetie." she said as I turned to her. She moved to the side as Maurice came up the last stair behind her.

Mom: my bad sweetie, I thought you already showered." she said.

Me: no it's okay Mom." I smiled. She smiled back at me surprised a little.

Mom: okay well, Mr. James is on the way to get us so shower up." she said. I nodded as she patted Maurice's chest before going down the steps.

Me: hi Reese." I smiled as he came into the bathroom.

Maurice: wassup." he said. I looked over at the time on my phone and blushed as it was 9:00 am.

Me: you got up early for me?" I blushed.

Maurice: I sho did. Showered, ate, and cleaned up foe you." he said. I blushed super hard at his gesture as I looked at him.

Me: that was sweet of you." I smiled.

Maurice: I wanted the whole day wit you, before you leave." he said back. My smile faded as I blinked my stare away from his. I felt overwhelmed immediately as I looked at the floor.

Maurice: hey.." he said, grabbing my face.

Maurice: breathe.." he said calmly as I felt my face flourish. I took a shaky breath as a tear rolled down my face.

Maurice: calm down.." he ushered again. I nodded as I wiped my own tears, taking another breath as he looked at me.

Maurice: hop in the shower and freshen up, I'll be in your room." he said. I smiled small as he kissed my lips. Letting my face go, the sound of his chains clanked together as he walked to my room.

Maurice POV

Plopping down on her bed, I sighed as I heard her get in the shower. As much as I liked that she was staying, seeing her so emotional about the wrong information was getting to me.