A Mile Run

Maurice POV

Coach: Everyone let's go!" he yelled. The boys and I jogged out into the gym and sat on the bleachers as he folded his arms. We laughed as the girls didn't come out.

Coach: LADIES!" he yelled. The women's locker room door opened, and Cheyenne was the first one out, I couldn't help but laugh as the girls came out with sad looks on their faces.

They came out and sat on the bleachers next to us. I looked over as Ryan sat next to Senia. She had on her some gym shorts, and an old t shirt and her hair in a curly bun. She looked beautiful as she sat there with her little white sneakers.

Coach: okay, today we have the mile run." he said.

Senia: oh heck no." she said out loud making the girls laugh.

Coach: oh heck yes Mrs Senia." he said.

Coach: this time, I will record your times and place chart them to see who is the fastest.

Dion: let's goo!" he said as the guys cheered. The girls looked defeated as we sat there eager.

Coach: usually when we do the mile run, we have everyone run at the same time. I would usually do my best to track each of your times by making you guys go in groups." he said walking around.

Coach: However, that usually takes about 3 days, and since I only see this class on Monday's and Wednesday, we are going to split the class in half by gender. So that means, all the ladies will run with each other and all the boys will run with each other." he said.

Coach: and since Mrs. Senia was so vocal about her excitement for the mile run, the ladies will be going first." he smirked.

China: dammit Senia!" she said making everyone laugh. Coach even laughed a few as they girls started pointing fingers.

Coach: ladies, ladies, think of it this way. You guys can get it out the way and relax come Wednesday." he said.

Lori: we see it has Senia ran her mouth, and now we have to pay for it."

Senia: we can run something else if there's a problem." she shrugged as Ryan and her glared at Lori.

Lori: you don't want that." she warned shaking her head. I sucked my teeth as Ryan got Senia to turn around and pay attention to coach.

Coach: Let's save that energy for the run, it is not as bad as you make it, follow me." he said. The girls groaned as they followed Coach outside first. We walked around the side of school, into the huge drop off line.

Coach: you ladies are to run 4 consecutive laps around the drop off line. Four laps will complete a mile. Once you are done, you guys will stop and get your recorded time." he said turning to the boys.

Coach: Boys, you guys will time the ladies, each of you will have your own stop watch."  he said. He brought over a box, and as I grabbed mine, I locked eyes with Ryan. She smiled as we both knew I wanted her to be my partner.

Coach: Hurry up and pick." he said. I made my way to Ryan as I could see Lori making her way to me. Reaching Ryan, I was stopped as Lori turned me around.

Lori: I was wondering if you could be my partner, like old times." she said.

Me: nah." I said plainly.

Lori: you're seriously going to pick Ryan, she hasn't done this before." she gloated. I pulled away from her and turned my back to her. Going over to Ryan, she smiled nervously as Lori stomped off.

Ryan: she is not going to let you be is she." she laughed nervously.

Me: prolly not." I laughed. She laughed at me as we went and showed Coach we were a team.