Mental Escape

Maurice POV

Monday was the start of a new week as always, as much as I hated this shitty ass school, I had to say my mood was fairly good.

I pulled into school early this morning, and was sitting by my car as Dion and Senia pulled in next. The rest of my niggas came through as the last person as always was Ryan. I waited patiently as Dion and Ace walked over.

Ace: wassup playboy." he said dapping me up.

Me: wassam." I said dapping Dion up. Senia came over and gave me a hug followed by China and Jordan.

Me: you ladies look wonderful as always." i complimented. Senia smiled and China popped her gum. We watched as Lori pulled in with Cheyenne in her front seat. She avoided eye contact with me as she pulled in, and I smiled at her discomfort from our last encounter.

Dion: damn she didn't even look this way." he said.

Me: good." I promised.

Senia: good?"

Me: yeah good." I shrugged.

Senia: okay, what did you do?" she smirked.

Me: I just handled it." I finished. She nodded at me as I saw Ryan coming up the sidewalk.

Me: finally." I mumbled sitting up.

Senia: start taking her to school with you." she urged as Ryan grew closer.

Me: You foreal?"

Senia: trust me, she'll love it." she said. I nodded as Ryan walked over quickly. She hopped onto the parking deck, and smiled at me hugely. I fixed my shirt and smiled back as she came up to me.

Me: you look-." she stopped me as she planted a kiss on my lips.

Reggie: oh shit." he said she held the sides of my face. Our lips synchronized a bit before she pulled away.

Me: My mom was able to make her event and her customers loved it so much they gave her a really huge tip." she smiled. I smiled back as she turned to Senia and hugged her before hugging our other friends.

I licked my lips as I tasted her sweet lip gloss on mine. The warning bell for first period rang as I snapped out of it.

Senia: come on before we are late." she said. Ryan came back over briefly, and kissed my cheek before running and catching up to Senia.

Ace: my boyy." he congratulated as he slapped my chest.

Dion: see you in her good graces now since yesterday."

Me: a nigga ain't do it to get in her good graces, shit I was helping out." I smirked.

Splain: she knows that, that's why she just came over and planted one on ya." he said as they laughed.

Me: man.." I groaned as they teasing began.

Acr: got you all star struck and everything." he said as they laughed louder. I shook my curls as I walked ahead of their bitchiness. Coming into the double doors, we walked into class just as the bell rang. I sat behind Ryan who smiled at me, winking at her we waited for Mrs. Clover to start class.

Ryan POV

I felt my heartbeat relax as I sat at the table. I wasn't sure if I was going to kiss him this morning. But when my mom told me of her hefty tip she received, I became overjoyed and when I saw him, hugging him wasn't enough. He had really made a difference for my mom, and now she potentially has a permanent customer. A wealthy customer at that.