I Can Re-create A Painful Memory

Maurice POV

Coach Stargell:  bring it in!" he yelled as we caught our breath on the field. I lifted my football helmet, chewing on my mouth guard as we slugged our way to the benches.

Coach Stargell: hurry up!" he called as we took our time. We huddled around him, sweaty and all as he stood in the middle of us.

Coach Stargell: how you guys feeling?" he asked.

Ace: straight Coach." he said leaning on my shoulder.

Coach Stargell: good, because we have our first official football game this Friday against the Bulldogs at Lennox Park." he said as I froze.

Dion: easy win." he said as we all mumbled with agreement.

Coach Stargell: they might be, but that doesn't mean you boys get on that field Friday and play lazily." he coached.

Coach: this is the first game of the  year, and some of you have college coaches scouting you." he said looking at me, Dion and Ace.

Coach: so each of you need to take Friday's game seriously. Am I clear?"

Us: Yes Sir."

Coach: aight, pack it in and head home." he said dismissing up. Shaking his hand, we walked off the field and over to the bleachers. The girls did not come to our practice today because they were having their little girl time at Senia's.

Dion: y'all wanna slide to my crib?" he asked.

Me: I gotta go home brodie, ion got no clean clothes." I said as I grabbed my bags.

Dion: shit aight, you trying to come back out after you change?" he said as we walked to the car.

Me: the girls said they wanted us to come by right?" I asked.

Dion: yeah they did but not until later tonight. Me and Splain was talking about chilling at my crib until they tell us to come over." he said.

Me: aight then, let me get situated and bring some shit to sleep in and then I'll come by yo crib." I said.

He nodded as he dapped me up. Hopping into my car, I played music as I came home. Carrying my bags inside, I placed my dirty football attire in the laundry room before coming up the stairs and into my room. 

I kept thinking about Coach saying that our first game was going to be at Lennox Park.

That was the same park Mccoy took Ryan and...

The last time we were there Ryan couldn't even get out the damn car, how the hell was she going to be comfortable at my game.

Undressing, I threw some simple shit together as I turned my shower and washed up good. Washing all the sweat off, I washed my hair a few times. I wanted to make sure it smelled good for Ryan.

Hopping out, I dried off and dried my hair out. My curls fell naturally, before I twisted them up into sections. I really wasn't feeling dealing with all my hair today, so I twisted it and put it in a low ponytail.

Putting on some cream colored shorts and top set, I put my chains on making sure they were not tangled as I fitted them nicely.

It didn't take me long to fully get ready, when I was done I packed an overnight bag, stuffing essentials inside of it.

Taking it out the room, I jogged down the steps as my mom came into the house.

Me: wassup Ma." I said as she came in. She smiled as she closed the door, carrying a bunch of bags in.

Me: Ma, I keep telling you to let me help you when you know I am home." I said as I place my bag down. I grabbed three of her bags, taking the strain off of her as she followed me.