Movers Attitude

Ryan POV

Mom: James, if you can put that in the moving van its too heavy." she said as I rolled my eyes. I looked around my room, at all the boxes.

Almost everything besides my bed and my TV was packed away. The kind of emotional rollercoaster I had been on in one week was ridiculous, from me and Maurice to my mom and her new boy toy dragging me across the U.S, I was tapped out.

Tapping my box closed, I ignored the presence of my mom as she tapped on the door.

Mom: Mr. James is ready for your boxes sweetie.." she said as I scoffed. Standing up, I grabbed a box off the floor as Mr. James appeared behind her.

Me: here." I said, shoving it into his chest. Slithering past them, I jogged down the steps as they followed me.

Mom: Ryan, are you not going to help?" she sassed.

Me: No." I said plainly.

Me: you guys are the ones forcing me to leave, so you guys can be the ones clearing my room out." I snapped.

I stormed into the kitchen with my mother behind me as Mr. James stopped in the living room.

Mr. James: I know this move is a little hard on you, but it is temporary. You will be back after the summer." he said trying to chime in. I folded my arms at him as he tried to appeal to my gratitude.

Me: with all due respect Mr. James, you have no idea how "hard" this is on me so you can keep your advice to yourself." I snapped.

He nodded slowly as my mom glared at me. Picking up my box, I glared at him as he carried it outside and too the movers truck.

Mom: he was trying to be nice to you." she snapped as I rolled my eyes.

Me: he doesn't have to be." I snapped back.

Mom: no he doesn't. Not with that attitude you have been having towards us for a week." she said.

Me: mm, let me see why?" I said placing my hand on my chin.

Me: being moved halfway across the country away from my friends and my boyfriend so that you can play house with a man you just meant." I said.

Me: yeah I think that's why." I said sarcastically. She folded her arms as I glared at her.

Mom: you are being ridiculous Ryan." she sighed.

Me: and so are you, but hey you don't see me complaining." I shrugged.

Turning on my heel, I jogged up the stairs and too my room. Closing the door, the overwhelming feeling caught up to me.

My mother and I had always had a good relationship, we rarely disagreed.

This was the first time we were at odds. As much anger as I had in me against her, a part of me just wanted to hug her. Being mean to her, I know I would regret later but for now it was the only emotion I had for her.

I could hear Mr. James and her laughing downstairs like nothing was wrong. It was good to hear her happy, listening to her laugh and smile. She had not done that since my dad.

Her happiness meant my unhappiness and I just needed time to let it go, after all she has done her best being a single mom and I did encourage her to follow her heart. It wasn't fair that I was now
condemning her to hatred because she did.

Sighing, I stopped the tears as I heard my screen door open.

Mom: Mauricee." she cooed as I lifted my head.

Maurice: wassup Mama J." he said as he came in.

Senia: hi mom!" she cooed as I stood up.

Mom: aww you guys are so sweet." she said as I heard the rest of my friends coming in.