Part Eleven

You were back inside the house, with Tony still not leaving your side. You were making breakfast while he stood by your side the whole time.

"I have to go today, Tony." You said.

"I already said you can go if I'm gonna be by your side." Tony calmly answered.

"You can't be with me today." You sighed, turning towards him. "You got your own company. Don't you think it's finally time you show up there, too?"

"I can't leave you." Tony said, looking into your eyes. "What if something bad happens and I'm not there?"

"What's the worst that could happen? I know you've been worrying about me for the past few days and... thank you, but you can't spend the eternity glued to my side."

Tony looked down at the floor, deep in thought, then back at your eyes. He nodded his head and smiled at you."Okay. But I'm gonna call you to see how you're doing."

"Deal." You smiled.

Just an hour later, you were in your company and in your office. You were staring out the window from your office onto the busy street while Daniel was sitting on the chair in front of your table.

"The bright side is", Daniel said, "You don't have to go out with Anthony anymore. The press bought the lie you two are in love."

"Is that the only good thing that happened today?" You asked.

"I'm afraid, yes." Your assistant, Sadie, walked inside the office with a tablet in her hands. "You might want to sit down for this, Miss Y/N."

You let out a breath, turning around to face the both of them. "Just tell me."

"More and more of our partners decided to sell their shares in the company. Ever since you broke the deal with Dreykov-"

"Don't mention him." You interrupted Sadie. "We'll think of something."

Sadie nodded her head. "Alright. Well, you got an urgent meeting starting in 10 minutes with the rest of our partners."

"I'll be there." You said.

Sadie nodded her head again and left your office. Daniel raised his head to look at you. "This is going to look bad for the company. I don't think even I can figure out-"

"You've got your team. Make sure nobody hears of this news until someone buys their shares."

"Right." He nodded. "I'm confused. Why are they leaving just because we broke the deal with Dreykov? Who is that man?"

"I don't know. Nobody wants to tell me. I'm sure my mother knows something."

"It's too suspicious."

"Let's go to the meeting. We'll discuss this later." You said.

Daniel nodded his head and followed you. He held open the door for you as you stepped into the meeting room, being greeted by two men and a woman waiting for you.

You took your seat at the head of the table, while Sadie took the first seat on your right side and Daniel on your left side.

It was barely ten minutes into the meeting and you were discussing their shares in the company, when you heard the sound of tires screeching outside.

You heard someone yelling outside the building before the sound of weapon shooting rang out through the air. You were quick to get up from your chair, but you were quickly pulled under the table by Daniel. There were more sounds of shooting and the glass wall of the meeting room broke in thousands of pieces.