Part Fifty Four

You were getting dressed for the appointment when Tony walked inside the room. He looked at you just as you were putting on one of your shirts."You ready to go?" He asked, frowning when he realized you were wearing your clothes and not his. When you turned to look at him the frown disappeared off his face and was replaced with a smile.

"Yeah." You said quietly as Tony approached you. As you were about to reach for your jacket on the bed, Tony stopped you with a hand on your wrist and made you look at him.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" He asked, placing his hands on the sides of your face.

You pulled away from his touch and shot him a small smile. "Yeah. Can we go now?"

Tony let his hands fall to his sides and he sighed. "Fine."

You both made your way out of the house and towards the car, with you walking in front of Tony. You had an appointment with the doctor and that day, you were supposed to see what gender the baby was.

When you arrived to the hospital and were called inside the room, Tony followed you everywhere. You laid down on the table and lifted up the shirt for the doctor.

"Everything looks great." The doctor told you after some time, smiling at you and Tony before she looked back to the screen."Your baby is developing normally. Would you also like to know the gender today?"

"Yes." You and Tony said together. He looked down at you and smiled, but he didn't find you smiling at him.

The doctor nodded and got back to telling you about the baby's development before she told you the gender.

"Looks like you'll have, " she smiled at you and Tony again, "a healthy baby boy."

Your lips curved into a smile and you were close to bursting out into happy tears, but you contained your reaction when you realized Tony was there.

"Did you hear that?" He asked you, moving the hair from your face."A boy."

You nodded and looked back to the screen. "I did."

After the doctor finished the check up and left you alone, you sat up on the table, wiping the gel off your stomach while Tony tried to hug you. You looked up at him when he put his arms around you and smiled down at you."I can't believe this."

You gave him a forced smile before moving out of his arms. You took your jacket and put it on before the doctor returned with your prescriptions.

Some time later, you were sat in the car while Tony was picking up your medicine for high blood pressure, which you were sure was caused by Tony.

Your head was leaning against the seat while you waited for Tony, who came back quickly. He walked around the car to the driver's side and got inside, handing you the bag.

"Thank you." You mumbled out.

Tony leaned over towards you for a kiss, and you tensed, thinking what you should do. You placed a quick peck on his lips, and it was obvious Tony was not happy with it by the look on his face.

"You okay?" He asked you.

You nodded your head, shooting him a small smile.

"No, you're not." He said.

"I'm fine. Can we go now?" You said as you looked at him, only to find him looking at you with raised eyebrows."I want to lay down, my back is killing me."

Tony bit on the inside of his cheek as he looked at you, his eyes scanning over your face. He turned the car on before driving away from where you were parked. "Are you happy we're having a boy?"

You scoffed as you turned your head towards him, angry he'd even think you weren't happy, "I am."

"Didn't seem like it."He shrugged, making your eyes widen.

"Of course I'm happy, Tony! It's our child."

"Right. Why are you acting like this then?"

"Like what?"

Tony bit on his tongue before answering. "You've just... been distant the whole week."

You turned your head and looked out of the window, turning your whole body away from Tony as well."I'm not in the mood for this right now."

"So what I'm hearing is, I need to fuck this attitude out of you."

"Oh my God." You rolled your eyes at him.

As soon as you arrived home, you were out of the car before Tony could even realize it and were walking towards the house. Tony opened his door and got out, following after you.

You took off your jacket and placed it over the couch before walking towards the bedroom, with Tony following.

"Are we going to talk?"He asked you, making you turn towards him.

"About what?"

Tony took your hand in his, making you quickly glance down at it before you looked back at him. "Honey, you've been distant with me for a week already. You've been quiet, you don't cuddle me, won't let me kiss you... I miss you. I really do. You won't even sit next to me, or... " He shook his head before looking up at you."Did I lose you?"

"What?" You asked, confused. "Losing me?"

"It's just... you've never been like this. What did I do?" He saw you got tense and placed his arms around your waist, pulling you towards himself."Tell me, baby. I can't live without you, please don't leave me."

"I... I just didn't want to be that clingy, okay?"

You watched as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Clingy? Baby, what - fuck."He cursed when he realized what was happening."You heard me, didn't you?"

You nodded your head, looking down to the floor.

"Baby, come here-"

"No-"

"No, come here." He said as he pulled you into a hug, his arms quickly wrapping over your body and he heard you sob into his shirt. His hands moved over your back to calm you down. "God, I missed you so much." He said as he could finally feel your scent after days of wondering what happened between the two of you. "I'm so sorry about everything. I never meant that, I was just too angry with my work, and I know that's not an excuse, but I'm really sorry. I would never think that of you. I can't get enough of you."

"It's okay." You mumbled out in his shirt, clutching onto it with your hands.

Tony placed a kiss on the top of your head and smiled. "I love you."He glanced down at you when you pulled away. "Wanna go to bed now?"

You nodded your head and he took your hand, pulling you to the bedroom."Come on then, we got a whole week of cuddling to make up for."