Part Thirty Seven

-TWO YEARS LATER-
(S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier)

"Director Fury called you here because the situation is urgent."Coulson explained as you walked through a narrow hallway of the Helicarrier.

"It better be urgent, I've just tracked down that man and you called me."You said while fixing your leather jacket.

"He called me in the middle of interogation as well." Natasha said, waiting for you at the end of hallway.

"You were held hostage."Coulson said to Natasha.

"The man was giving me everything."She argued back.

"What's going on?" You asked, now stood in front of Natasha.

She shared a look with Coulson before looking back at you. "It's about Clint."

A few minutes later, the door opened and you, Coulson and Natasha walked into the centre of the helicarrier, which was busy with agents.

Fury was stood in the centre and he turned around as soon as he saw you enter.

Your eyes focused on another person in the room, who looked up from the monitor and saw you as well. Every other sight and sounds in the room faded and you two kept staring at each other.

Stood next to the man you knew as Steve Rogers was your ex husband.

You felt a hand on your back as Coulson led you down the stairs and towards Fury, Tony and Steve.

"Y/N..." He whispered your name.

"What?" Steve asked, after he heard that Tony muttered out something.

"Nothing." Tony quickly said.

You finally approached them and Fury turned his head towards Steve.

"Cap, this is Y/L/N." Steve looked towards you, giving you a small smile."You already know Agent Coulson and Romanoff."

"What happened to Clint?" You asked, making Tony furrow his eyebrows at how you called the agent by his first name.

Fury led you away, along with Coulson and Natasha to explain, while Tony remained standing in his place, unable to move.

"Who is that?" The doctor asked as he approached the two men. He was gesturing over at you with his head.

Steve looked at the man, while Tony couldn't move his eyes off you. "I don't know, she just showed up."

Tony looked away, licking over his lower lip. "She's my ex wife."

"What?" Steve asked, thinking he heard it wrong.

"She... that..." Bruce stuttered over his words, making Tony look at him."That's your ex wife?!"

"Yes." Tony said, to which Steve shrugged.

"With the way you two looked at each other, it makes sense."

Bruce nudged Tony, who was staring at you. "Why did you get divorced?"

"Because I was an idiot." Tony said.

"You still love her."Bruce concluded.

Before Bruce had a chance to hear Tony's answer, they all saw you walking out of the room alone, and Tony hurried after you.