Part Seventy One

The next day, Steve was standing outside the Avengers Compound, staring at the floor, deep in thought. He looked up as a deafening noise broke the silence in the distance. As he looked up, he saw an Audi R8 speeding towards the entrance. The car pulled over to Steve, but went a bit too far, then reversed back to him. As the window rolled down, he saw it was Tony sitting in the driver seat, and you in the passenger seat. "Why the long face? Let me guess: He turned into a baby."

"Among other things, yeah." Steve answered. "What are you doing here?"

You and Tony stepped out of the car and you walked to Tony's side. Meanwhile, Tony ignored Steve's question. "That's the EPR Paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it."

"You did."

"Oh, did I?" Tony acted like he didn't and you smiled slightly as you looked at him. "Thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." He held up his hand with a device on it."A fully functioning Time-Space GPS. I just want peace. Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

"Me too." Steve said.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to, at all costs. And... maybe not die trying will be nice."

"Sounds like a deal." Steve said as he lent out his hand to shake, in which Tony replied in the same way.

Tony walked to his trunk to open it and pull something out. Steve glanced at you when he saw it was his shield and Tony offered it to him, but he hesitated.

"Tony..."

"Why? He made it for you." Tony said, referring to his father. "Plus, honestly I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding."

You let out a laugh at that, remembering your daughter, who was staying, along with her brother, at Daniel's place. "And she already tried that once, so... " You trailed off, making Steve smile at you.

"Thank you, Tony." Steve nodded at Tony.

"Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team."Tony hesitated. "...We are getting the whole team, yeah?

"We're working on that right now."Steve replied.

A few hours later the team, the ones who survived the snap, were gathered in the Avengers Compound.

Tony spoke to Thor, who was drinking a beer and walking through the compound's Testing Chamber."Drifting left. On the side there, Lebowski." He said before speaking to Rocket, who was working on something underneath a glass platform. "Ratchet, how's it going?"

"It's Rocket. Take it easy. You're only a genius on Earth, pal."

You walked in with Natasha and Tony looked at you. You shot him a small smile, assuring him everything was alright and he smiled.

Later, all of you were standing at the control panel while Scott looked both, panicked and excited. "All right. I'm not ready for this."

"I'm game. I'll do it." Clint said.

Minutes later, the Quantum suit was being adjusted on Clint as Bruce was speaking."Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it."

Clint nodded and took his position om the platform. Just then, Rhodey spoke up. "Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." You looked at him as he made a hand gesture, suggesting that you strangle baby Thanos with a rope.